Who's harder to hit, prime Anderson or prime Floyd

JonesBonesJonny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both have some of the greatest head movement, defense, counter punching and awareness I've ever seen. Who's is better?
Floyd
NMNLMAd.gif

a63O5M1.gif

1.gif

giphy.gif

Anderson
silva%20v%20hendo.gif

pwrestlingforums-148e2b5de12fd9.gif

EyFyP.gif

sonnen-whoops.gif

dZ6MUek.gif

tumblr_inline_mq8tckvejW1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_my4iw0FKxo1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

121014071948742766.gif

Silva+belfort+2.gif

SilvaBelfort5.gif

bdFLUGk.gif

XAXovUa.gif

Dodged all of them except the last punch
tumblr_lxkckrKpRy1qczqovo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Well I never saw Floyd get KO'd dead so I'm gonna go with Floyd

Wtf what a terrible thread. Half the page is just gifs. Also what a stupid comparision

Awful thread. Prime Anderson got dropped twice by Sonnen for fuck sake

I dunno. I've never fought either man and I wouldn't even entertain the idea of looking like a foolish slow white boy, plus I would get knocked out and maybe raped.

Prison rules.

Prime Anderson got tagged by Shael Sonnen ffs

There's no context in which to really answer that question.. they don't compete in the same sport.

Floyd's defence in boxing is impeccable, one of the best ever at avoiding and deflecting big shots..

Would his athleticism and reflexes have translated well to MMA? Maybe? Probably? We'll never know.

Point is, there's alot more to consider and be mindful of defensively in an mma fight, so it's much easier to get hit with strikes.

A better comparison for someone like Anderson would be Roy Jones Jr. Both of them had flaws defensively that they got away with because of insane reflexes, timing, confidence etc. When they started to slow down a bit with age and wear, they started getting clipped. Not a coincidence.

Remind me, who did a 'prime' Anderson fight that had any standup skills?
He did beat up a load of wrestlers.

Hands down it's Mayweather, he was avoiding hits from fighters who only hit people for their entire careers and Anderson did it to people who converted from wrestling.

Not a fair comparison.

It's easier to be elusive in a boxing match because you know the strike is only coming from two possible places.

In MMA with 8 points of striking, and the constant threat of grappling it's a lot more difficult to have all your defenses up.

Anderson was awesome, no need to compare him to anyone, he was in a league of his own.

Just look at your gifs and how slow and sloppy most of Anderson's opponents look compared to Floyds.

XAXovUa.gif

Dodged all of them except the last punch
I just feel like your fucking with me including this. "Dodged all of em except the ko punch" lol. Also several of those "dodged" punches were jabs to judge the distance, for the one punch he didn't "dodge"

Silva doesn't fight against boxers so of course it's easy for him to avoid those wild punches. This shouldn't even be a comparison.

Mayweather vs Phillip n dou I believe ol Phil through 100 plus punches and landed 4 . It was round 4 or 5 I'll never forget that fight it was in 05 he layed on the ropes and humiliated him. and if memory serves me correct he ko'd him the next round with 4 lead right hands in a row yes 4 . Check out that fight . $>Silva any day of the week

It's not fair to compare athletes across sports like this. MMA includes kicks, knees and take downs that all vastly change your ability to defend and anticipate strikes.

Regardless, I'd go with Mayweather, but I think too many people will use this lazy thread as a platform to deride Anderson Silva.

Well, Silva had to consider punches....and knees...and kicks...and elbows...See were i`m going? Floyd only needs to care about the art of punching and he is the best defense boxer ever, a genius.

Back