If it was a late stoppage, why'd he keep hitting him?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What I don't understand is if Nelson justified kicking BJM by saying that it was a late stoppage, why did he keep hitting him?

I assume you mean why he kept hitting Silva?

You're not supposed to stop until the ref tells you to. A walkaway KO looks cool and all, but if you walk away and the referee doesn't stop it, then the fight isn't over and all you've done is give your opponent time to recover.

Last edited:
Well he said he could have done the Hunt walk off but.. he was already on the ground smashing Bigfoots jaw...Nelson is a bit wacky..he needs a huge fine or suspension for touching the ref..HANDS OFF REF!

Aldo put him up to it...

oUf5K8E.gif

Pay back!

Because more than his friends, he likes ground beef.

I assume you mean why he kept hitting Silva?

You're not supposed to stop until the ref tells you to. A walkaway KO looks cool and all, but if you walk away and the referee stopping it, then the fight isn't over and all you've done is give your opponent time to recover.

Yeah, remember what happened to Anderson Silva vs Bisping. Or Palhares.

There's always a chance someone can get up. Fighters are to stop only when ref intercedes (or opponent out cold). There's that place where opponent is not out cold, but is stunned and not coherent... that's when refs are supposed to intercede on both their behalfs. That's why Nelson was upset.

Ya Nelson was an inconsistent idiot on this issue.

Here is his logic by his own words...

- I knew he was out. You know when you land that big shot and they are out
- I could have done the Hunt walk off after the KO
- I choose not to because I was there, so I just kept punching
- F*ck Big John for not stopping me from doing what I wanted to do as BF is my friend

I understand what everyone is saying with if the ref doesn't stop it but he he could've jsut stood over him and waited for the stoppage?

Yeah, remember what happened to Anderson Silva vs Bisping. Or Palhares.

Silva vs Bisping was at the bell, bro. He wouldn't have been able to continue the attack. It would have been stopped. Apples and oranges.

if you stop hitting, if will prolong the fight even more and discurage the ref to step in.

Because people wake up? Have you seen Bisping vs Anderson Silva?

I understand what everyone is saying with if the ref doesn't stop it but he he could've jsut stood over him and waited for the stoppage?
And risk him having a very human chance to recover? Weird shit happens when human fortitude is involved. Even if there's 1% chance BF could recover... only an idiot would allow that due to Big John's reluctance to do his duty.

Ya Nelson was an inconsistent idiot on this issue.

Here is his logic by his own words...

- I knew he was out. You know when you land that big shot and they are out
- I could have done the Hunt walk off after the KO
- I choose not to because I was there, so I just kept punching
- F*ck Big John for not stopping me from doing what I wanted to do as BF is my friend

No he did not say that at all. He said Silva landed on his back so he could NOT do a walk off like Hunt. Silva was not 100% out, but he had no chance of coming back so Nelson was annoyed he had to damage him more after the fight was all ready done in his eyes.

Last edited:
its 100% the refs responsibility to stop the fight before the fighter takes unnecessary punishment

Back