Will Ronda be loved when she comes back?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Is it true that absense makes a fighter more liked? She will also have the underdog role if she fights Nunes at 207. A role she's never had before.

Yes. Majority of people don't lurk on Sherdog dissecting her psychological status after her travis brownes babies and suicidal thoughts comments.

Last edited:
Well comeback stories are a popular trope. I could see it happening

Has Dana addressed the fact everyone hates her now or is he still pretending shes the biggest draw in the UFC

I will respect her if she kills nunes and pena. That will be a start for redemption

No

She's a ugly, mentally weak bully

I remember her throwing a cheap shot in her last fight

Not by me she won't. She is not a good person. I simply refuse to throw my support behind people like Ronda, and Conor.

I'll only love her if she takes another beating like the Holm fight.

If she gets her title back and beats Holly (either order), she's a major story again. Rocky from Rocky 3, she'll become close to the same level star she was before.

If she never fights again or comes back and loses in her first or 2nd fight back she's WMMA's Frank Shamrock, someone who clearly did great things and deserves to be remembered but someone who the game passed by.

If she gets back to form,yes i think so. In her absence no one has replaced her,or been able to replicate her dominance.

WMMA is more interesting with her around, love her or hate her.

If she gets her title back and beats Holly (either order), she's a major story again. Rocky from Rocky 3, she'll become close to the same level star she was before.

Atm, she doesn't need to beat Holly. Only thing she's gotta do is get the title back.

Ronda is the most best ever dominant athlete ever in the human history of all time

Atm, she doesn't need to beat Holly. Only thing she's gotta do is get the title back.
Ronda/Nunes for the title will draw less than Ronda/Holm even if Holly is coming off multiple losses. Probably far less, 200-300k territory less. More casual fans know Holly and revenge storylines typically draw well.

Ronda/Nunes for the title will draw less than Ronda/Holm even if Holly is coming off multiple losses. Probably far less, 200-300k territory less. More casual fans know Holly and revenge storylines typically draw well.

I don't think you're right about that, but anyway it hasn't got much to do with my reply.

I don't think you're right about that, but anyway it hasn't got much to do with my reply.
This thread is about popular opinion. Read the title, "will Ronda be loved when she comes back". It's all about what the public cares about.

Try to keep up.

This thread is about popular opinion. Read the title, "will Ronda be loved when she comes back". It's all about what the public cares about.

Try to keep up.

You were saying that she needed to beat Holly.

I said that she doesn't need to.

You were saying that she needed to beat Holly.

I said that she doesn't need to.
In order to get the cachet she had with the general public? Yes. Yes she does. People who barely follow the sport who remember Holly from the talk show circuit she did after the Ronda fight will read about Ronda getting her title back and say "yeah but could she beat that other girl? The blond one, Holly something? Bet she's still scared of her!"

Even coming off multiple losses, Holly Holm's Q score is still higher than any other WMMA fighter excluding Ronda herself.

Back