If UFC created 145 Womens division, would Cyborg be a bigger draw than Mighty Mouse?

theycallmeskidmarks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I can't imagine 100k+ people shelling out $60 to see this

9558757.jpg

No.

The novelty has already worn off. The only reason to watch is to see if someone can actually pull off the upset. But that isn't worth $6... let alone $60.

I'm a fan of both fighters but isn't she a bigger draw than MM right now?

You guys are smoking crack...she would definitely be a bigger draw. If they promoted her and showed some highlights of the girls she's demolished, people would be interested. Not everyone needs to want to bone a fighter to be interested in watching them perform.

I like MM, but his problem is that there just aren't any other names in his division to draw interest. They also don't do much in terms of promoting him.

It would be near impossible for her to be less of a draw than MM. MM headlined cards are basically the baseline UFC crowd, the group that orders every PPV regardless of who's on it, the people who are fans of the brand more than fans of any individual fighter.

I'm a fan of MM, but outside of a superfight with Cruz, they'll never let him main event a full priced PPV again. He's either going to main event free cards or be a co-headliner on "super" cards for the rest of his career.

No.

The novelty has already worn off. The only reason to watch is to see if someone can actually pull off the upset. But that isn't worth $6... let alone $60.

You could also make the case that people turning in to see if someone can pull off the upset is more than people are willing to do for Mighty Mouse. I'm not sure casuals or hard cores even care if Mighty Mouse wins or loses .

Thank god people dont watch MMA to watch people stand on a scale. What you think this is a beauty contest ? They will be tuning to to see this
giphy.gif

You know you say lots of things which I agree with. immensely. Unfortunate we don't share the same opinion about Fedor which is the only drift we have & for me that's a major one.

But apart from that everything you said, I say I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Wish we could could agree on the sole topic that we have drift on. But then we will be living in a perfect world.

There isn't much difference in the quality of opposition they will be fighting at this point.

One is fighting moms that just finished dropping their kids off at soccer practice.

The other is going to be fighting guys pulled from the local Walmart.

There isn't much difference in the quality of opposition they will be fighting at this point.

One is fighting moms that just finished dropping their kids off at soccer practice.

We must go to different WalMarts. Not a lot of 125 lb guys at the ones I go to.

I get the humor here, but come on. MM is actually fighting guys with solid skills, but he's just leagues ahead of them. There's no shortage of guys who will fight him either. Cyborg is fighting people scraped from the bottom of the barrel because nobody with a decent name will fight her.

We must go to different WalMarts. Not a lot of 125 lb guys at the ones I go to.

The guy who pushes the carts has to get on that big country diet to make 125. I hear MM is interested in fighting him next. Nothing but the best to fight the best!

I'm a fan of both fighters but isn't she a bigger draw than MM right now?

Not really sure. MM does about 100k in PPV's. He did just over 2mil on UFC on FOX 8. I think on a free card Cyborg might beat 2mil. Not sure if people will actually pay to her fight tho. I honestly don't think she can do much more than 100k PPV's and I think her gate numbers would also be similar to MM's (which is obviously not good).

Thank god people dont watch MMA to watch people stand on a scale. What you think this is a beauty contest ? They will be tuning in to see this

Pssh big deal. Holly and Miesha wouldn't even have let female Jake Shields land a punch.

Easy 30-27 for both fighters via jab and circle and takedown smother.

She is already a bigger draw than Mighty Mouse right now, I guess i had answer your question.

Cyborg would absolutely draw. The trick would be to have her co-headline some MAJOR cards under a big name first, force people to watch her crush some gals, and hope that it sticks when it comes time to headline herself.

I think it would definitely work. WMMA is totally marketable, and kind of cool in a weird way for everyone. 125 lb. men fighting is just a hard sell.

Back