If Fedor goes UFC in 2008, after the Sylvia win, how long does he last and who takes him out?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Heres how it looks if he moves over -

Fedor v Nog -
January 24, 2009 - Fedor. Nuff said.

Fedor v Randy -
July 10, 2009 - At some point Fedors catching Randy with something and smoking him. He was too lethal at this time not to.

Fedor v Lesnar -
November 7, 2009 - This is where it gets interesting. This would be the same Fedor that fought Rogers imho. He would have got one more fight in the timescale, because he was refighting nog.

Fedor v Carwin -
July 3, 2010 - In fact Carwin got the shot just before Cain. The same week Fedor lost to Werdum, Lesnar was beating Carwin, just about. How does this match play out?

Fedor v Cain -
October 23, 2010 - If Fedor beats Carwin this is the fight he gets, against the Cain that beat Lesnar to win the belt.

If Fedor got past Cain hed be up against :

Fedor v JDS
Fedor v Overeem

It would have been awesome. Eventually he lost in 2010, two years later to a decent Werdum. I think that fight could have gone the other way quite easily. By the time he loses to Bigfoot and Hendo, its obvious hes on the skids. Even if he could have won those fights, its easy to see match ups that would have been even harder than the ones he lost.

UFC HW Top 10 August 2008.

1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
2: Randy Couture
3: Fabricio Werdum
4: Gabriel Gonzaga
5: Frank Mir
6: Brock Lesnar
7: Heath Herring
8: Cheick Kongo
9: Brandon Vera
10: Cain Velasquez
Notable: E. Sanchez, S. Carwin

Last edited:
he was only 33 when he lost to werdum and bigfoot, 34 to hendo i believe

dude was very overrated

If Fedor fought in 1993 @ UFC 1 he would have been 15

:eek:

I think he has a good chance to beat them all. Fedor was tough enough to survive long enough to land the hail mary punch. I think at that time JDS and Carwin would have been his toughest test,because they could eat his punches better than Cain and Lesnar.

rapes all those UFC bums, New breed LOL any one remember the BS.

Fedor is the greatest ever.

I honestly think Cain catches him and he would have had this as his maybe 3rd fight.

That's right about the time that Fedor started to dip out of his prime (after the Sylvia fight). He would have won some fights but would have lost some too.

Fedor was a top heavyweight who would have been the strongest in the world from 2003 to 2009 no matter where he fought.

In this time he beat seven fighters who would be considered top tier MMA HWs. It's a great record, and might make him the Goat. It doesn't make him the untouchable fighter that his hugely padded record of 30+ wins suggests.

Remember too that he looked very questionable against Arlovski and Rogers even before he allegedly hit the skids, and ended both fights with hail-Mary punching power (which is undoubtedly an attribute in itself).

He was a very able HW, at least on a par with Cain or Werdum, whose career went into a sharp decline while most of his contemporaries have continued to compete at or around the same level for another half-decade.

Given that most of the opponents he faced in his Strikeforce run transitioned to the UFC shortly thereafter, it isn't much of a leap to say his UFC career would have resembled the one he had in Strikeforce.

Last edited:
he was only 33 when he lost to werdum and bigfoot, 34 to hendo i believe

dude was very overrated

Look, when Pride FC and the UFC existed along the UFC was the little brother in every aspect of the game. Pride had way more audience, had better fighters, better show and better paychecks. Fedor was the unbeatable king of that organization and that means from all the mma scene pretty much. Its ok that you think that outside the UFC there is no mma scene because that happends to a lot of newbs but ill suggest u to watch some other tournaments, i mean dont be only a fanboy. At the time of his first lost he had already 32 professional fights on his body, it doesnt matter if Werdum, Hendo or Silva had more or less fights, what im saying is that calling him overrated when he fought the best of that time and with an impressive record and dominance is just stupid, anyways have a good one.

Btw, i wanna see your beloved "sea level" (thats really stupid) Cain, Stipe, Werdum or any other fighter after 32 fights, everybody goes down one day and that doesnt mean they are cans.

You can't really compare UFC and Pride, one is a sport and the other is closer to WWE

You can't really compare UFC and Pride, one is a sport and the other is closer to WWE

Once they step through the ropes,they have to fight,so an inconsequential statement such as this,means nothing.

Between late 2005 and 2010 (when he then lost 3 straight and his relevance at the top level of MMA ended) he fought either 0 or 1 highly ranked HWs. This depends on whether you think Hunt coming off a loss or 2009 Arlovski counts as "highly ranked". I'll grant you 1 but not both.

This is a 5 year dead zone period where we have virtually no data as to what his skill level actually was.

Pre sickness Brock vs. Fedor would have been the biggest PPV card of all time regardless of who ended up winning though, we can say that for sure.

Back