Do you think Ronda is still a big PPV draw (800k+) ?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Ronda is still a huge draw. And Ronda has no history with Nunes, not sure that PPV breaks 800K. She's no longer the flavor of the month, teen girls who looked up to her have moved on to newer idols

Over/under 800k?

You are very ignorant if you don't think they're gonna give her a huge fucking push for her comeback.

Over.

800 pounds is just ridiculous.

She probably weighs about 225 pounds right now.

Ronda's not coming back. Even if she was thinking about it, that went out the window after seeing Cyborg tonight. And you KNOW she watched.

After she got 900k against Bethe in Brazil, it's hard to doubt her drawing power. They'll push her HARD and I'd have to believe it does at least that (800k).

Ronda's not coming back. Even if she was thinking about it, that went out the window after seeing Cyborg tonight. And you KNOW she watched.

Remember when Ronda was untouchable? And everyone was making posts about her being top 10-ish in Men's BW? Or talking about how long she'll reign?

-Wasn't that long ago.

Ronda ONLY gets scared if Cyborg actually makes 135, come on now...
{<huh}

Remember when Ronda was untouchable? And everyone was making posts about her being top 10-ish in Men's BW? Or talking about how long she'll reign?

-Wasn't that long ago.

I do, and hopefully I will until the day I die. It makes what happened in the Holm fight all the sweeter :D

No it's over for Ronda. Her era is done, even if she comes back. The aura is gone.

And to be honest, the UFC could be positioning Cyborg to fill Ronda's "badass female fighter" spot as we speak.

I do, and hopefully I will until the day I die. It makes what happened in the Holm fight all the sweeter :D

I am not a Ronda fan, or hater, was just making note that everyone is on the same kick with Cyborg right now and the same thing can happen to her... WMMA is very shallow and one shark may look to be the biggest until another swims into the pool....

I am not a Ronda fan, or hater, was just making note that everyone is on the same kick with Cyborg right now and the same thing can happen to her... WMMA is very shallow and one shark may look to be the biggest until another swims into the pool....

If the past year or two should've taught people anything it's that literally nobody in MMA is unbeatable.

But Cyborg is the one woman who really does fight like a man. IMO she has a much better chance of taking half the men's 145 pound division than Ronda ever did. I'm not saying the top half, but tell me there aren't at least 5 male fighters at 145 she wouldn't have a good chance to beat. She also doesn't strike me as the frontrunner bully type who folds the instant things don't go her way, but maybe that's just me.

No it's over for Ronda. Her era is done, even if she comes back. The aura is gone.

And to be honest, the UFC could be positioning Cyborg to fill Ronda's "badass female fighter" spot as we speak.
I don't think you're "done" until people see it twice or more. Anderson was still a BIG draw in his rematch with The Chris. He was done when he got beat again. Conor was still a HUGE draw when he rematched Nate. If he had got stopped again, it would have hurt him badly, but he pulled it off and will continue to be a top draw, or THE top draw. If Ronda comes back and gets smoked, it would kill her. However, people would tune in to see if she still has it. It would badly hurt her drawing power if she keeps losing, but everyone ALWAYS tunes in for the rematch or the comeback.

If the past year or two should've taught people anything it's that literally nobody in MMA is unbeatable.

But Cyborg is the one woman who really does fight like a man. IMO she has a much better chance of taking half the men's 145 pound division than Ronda ever did. I'm not saying the top half, but tell me there aren't at least 5 male fighters at 145 she wouldn't have a good chance to beat. She also doesn't strike me as the frontrunner bully type who folds the instant things don't go her way, but maybe that's just me.

Honestly, I don't think she'd last a round with any male 135-145 on the roster.

I don't think you're "done" until people see it twice or more. Anderson was still a BIG draw in his rematch with The Chris. He was done when he got beat again. Conor was still a HUGE draw when he rematched Nate. If he had got stopped again, it would have hurt him badly, but he pulled it off and will continue to be a top draw, or THE top draw. If Ronda comes back and gets smoked, it would kill her. However, people would tune in to see if she still has it. It would badly hurt her drawing power if she keeps losing, but everyone ALWAYS tunes in for the rematch.

You might be right and I could be jumping the gun.

Conor lost, and he kept his drawing power.

I just feel Ronda is...fading. Maybe fading towards Hollywood, something.

we haven't heard anything about ronda for almost a year and people still make threads about her non stop

what do you think about her drawing power?

Honestly, I don't think she'd last a round with any male 135-145 on the roster.

Really? Not *any* of them? Interesting...

Then again, things may get to the point where she might have to fight a man because no woman will be willing. There are only so many clinically insane ones like Leslie Smith and Lansberg out there.

You might be right and I could be jumping the gun.

Conor lost, and he kept his drawing power.

I just feel Ronda is...fading. Maybe fading towards Hollywood, something.

Conor only kept his because he didn't unofficially retire afterwards. The second Diaz fight didn't interest me in the slightest.

Really? Not *any* of them? Interesting...

Then again, things may get to the point where she might have to fight a man because no woman will be willing. There are only so many clinically insane ones like Leslie Smith and Lansberg out there.

She's a beast of a woman... But she's still a female, with less power than any man that trains and weighs the same as her... its anatomic, genetic differences and she's not going to have the benefit of being top teir at anything vs. males in the UFC because they've all faced elite competition for a long time, vs. "elite"(better than the rest) fighters in WMMA. WMMA just isn't there yet.

Back