Is cyborg the only top fighter constantly ridiculed for not moving down?

El General

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's wmma, the ufc only has 115 and 135, i get it. However, in all my time watching mma I can't recall a person at the top of their weight being constantly asked to move down. And not only is she being asked to, but she is ridiculed for not doing so. It's usually always the smaller weight fighter looking to step up, not the other way around. Are people just that scared of her?

I mean were rashad and Machida ducking anderson when they were champ? They both can actually make his weight! They weren't is the the truth, just like cyborg isnt ducking shit either. It was a fairytale story to make rotundra fans feel better when she was champ because they knew she'd get murdered by cyborg.

I mean she can make 135 with a few adjustments. Stop drinking Tropicana for example.

I mean she can make 135 with a few adjustments. Stop drinking Tropicana for example.
Im sure there's something she could cutoff to make the weight but I don't wanna say it.......lol

If you keep calling out smaller fighters but refuse to make weight you will be ridiculed.

It's wmma, the ufc only has 115 and 135, i get it. However, in all my time watching mma I can't recall a person at the top of their weight being constantly asked to move down. And not only is she being asked to, but she is ridiculed for not doing so. It's usually always the smaller weight fighter looking to step up, not the other way around. Are people just that scared of her?

I mean were rashad and Machida ducking anderson when they were champ? They both can actually make his weight! They weren't is the the truth, just like cyborg isnt ducking shit either. It was a fairytale story to make rotundra fans feel better when she was champ because they knew she'd get murdered by cyborg.

It's because she's calling girls out all the time and she doesn't want to fight without a 15-20 pound advantage. She's a steroid cheat and does nothing to lose the weight, so it's her problem. These other girls don't walk around at weight that she does, especially not with that much lean muscle.

Yes. It's a strange condition. I've even done it myself to be honest, although not as much as some. Right or wrong, she's basically making herself irrelevant by fighting no names at 145 (or 140). Maybe it's not fair that 135 became THE women's division when Tate and then Ronda and everyone else either moved down or up to 135. But them's the breaks, kid. Cyborg's a big girl, but she could cut back a bit on the muscles and maybe even fat and make the cut if she did it the right way.

Yes. It's a strange condition. I've even done it myself to be honest, although not as much as some. Right or wrong, she's basically making herself irrelevant by fighting no names at 145 (or 140). Maybe it's not fair that 135 became THE women's division when Tate and then Ronda and everyone else either moved down or up to 135. But them's the breaks, kid. Cyborg's a big girl, but she could cut back a bit on the muscles and maybe even fat and make the cut if she did it the right way.

The fact that the ufc doesn't have 145 is what is fucking her. I mean if the ufc didn't have 155 men lw and eddie was ranked number 1. Would we ask him to cut some muscle to make 145 because the ufc did carry thathe weight? It seems a little absurd when she is the concensus number 1.

It's because she's constantly calling out smaller fighters. If Jones constantly called out Anderson or anderson constantly called out gsp it would be the same.

Don't want to cut down to 135? Cool then shut the fuck up and quit calling out 135ers.

If she hadn't used peds in the past and we believed that she can't cut to 135 it might be different.

Say there was a Super Heavyweight fighter, who could reach Heavyweight and easily be the champion if he cut down a tiny little bit on the pies/steroids/only ate the burger, but refused, instead only fighting at a catchweight of 275.

He would get the same treatment and rightfully so.

Cyborg COULD reach 135 with the slightest adjustments, but instead fights utter nobodies at 145. She could cut down to 135 and fight the utter nobodies there instead. Then Ronda could hide behind a pillow and we wouldn't get to see that fight.

Devils advocate, but there really haven't been a lot of options in MMA for women outside of 115/135. I think she legitimately has a hard time getting to 135.

The fact that the ufc doesn't have 145 is what is fucking her. I mean if the ufc didn't have 155 men lw and eddie was ranked number 1. Would we ask him to cut some muscle to make 145 because the ufc did carry thathe weight? It seems a little absurd when she is the concensus number 1.
I hear you, but really this problem supersedes the UFC and would likely exist even if Dana White kept his word and women "NEVER" fought in the UFC. The last "money" fight for Cyborg at 145 was Gina. 135 became THE women's division after that. Ronda basically killed 145 when she dropped down. Tate dropped down. Cat and Eye moved up. Cyborg ended up fighting a bunch of journey-women at 145 after that...

Say there was a Super Heavyweight fighter, who could reach Heavyweight and easily be the champion if he cut down a tiny little bit on the pies/steroids/only ate the burger, but refused, instead only fighting at a catchweight of 275.

He would get the same treatment and rightfully so.

Cyborg COULD reach 135 with the slightest adjustments, but instead fights utter nobodies at 145. She could cut down to 135 and fight the utter nobodies there instead. Then Ronda could hide behind a pillow and we wouldn't get to see that fight.
I think if Holly Holm can make 135, so can Cyborg. HH looks leaner than most female fighters when she fights at 154. She has better definition than Cyborg does these days and is the strongest one besides her. HH is just mentally tough and disciplined and fucking does it.

I hear you, but really this problem supersedes the UFC and would likely exist even if Dana White kept his word and women "NEVER" fought in the UFC. The last "money" fight for Cyborg at 145 was Gina. 135 became THE women's division after that. Ronda basically killed 145 when she dropped down. Tate dropped down. Cat and Eye moved up. Cyborg ended up fighting a bunch of journey-women at 145 after that...
You just spit the truth there, they all saw what happened to our beautiful gina. I'm not a fan of cyborg and im not a hater. I tune in to her fights expecting a massacre but I am honestly sympathetic to her situation. I don't think making 135 is possible for her to do in a healthy manner.

I think if Holly Holm can make 135, so can Cyborg. HH looks leaner than most female fighters when she fights at 154. She has better definition than Cyborg does these days and is the strongest one besides her. HH is just mentally tough and disciplined and fucking does it.

Oh she definitely can if she wanted to. Hell, if Rumble can hit Welterweight, Cyborg can get down to 135.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deliberate thing to try to get Ronda/Holm/Tate to come up to 145 to meet her, so she has an advantage (apart from the testosterone levels of pre-usada Vitor).

You just spit the truth there, they all saw what happened to our beautiful gina. I'm not a fan of cyborg and im not a hater. I tune in to her fights expecting a massacre but I am honestly sympathetic to her situation. I don't think making 135 is possible for her to do in a healthy manner.
Thank you. You may be right about the weight. Some so called experts have said she could do it (Dolce, I guess). She could at least try, right?

135 - Do long distance bike riding/running and stop doing weights + proper diet.

Lets not forget

lombard-side-side.jpg

Lose a tiny tiny bit of muscle and she makes 135

It will be tough but she can do it
Yes. I also think her body fat % is slightly higher than Holly Holm's these days. Cyborg is bigger and stronger but HH has the discipline and desire to get down there. She could lose 2.5 lbs of muscle and 2.5 lbs of fat and be right there, it doesn't even have to be all muscle.

Back