Big John McCarthy endangers fighter, encourages brain damage. Should he be cut?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Shocking scenes from UFC last night as Big John McCarthy fails to protect a fighter, and instead endangers them and encourages the other fighter to give them further brain damage, by insisting they continue to punch them in the head, after the fight was clearly over.

A fighter had to step in and do his job for him, effectively ending the match by separating himself from the opponent.

Should he be cut?

MMA endangers people, encourages brain damage, I think as a sport it should be banned in all 52 states including Canada.

giphy.gif

Shocking scenes from UFC last night as Big John McCarthy fails to protect a fighter, and instead endangers them and encourages the other fighter to give them further brain damage, by insisting they continue to punch them in the head, after the fight was clearly over.

A fighter had to step in and do his job for him, effectively ending the match by separating himself from the opponent.

Should he be cut?
You sound like a vag tbh.. Tonights stoppage was perfectly fine.. Silva was conscious and his eyes were open but was frozen ... Big John's stoppage was fine .. Luckily Nelson stopped.. But Nelson felt silva go limp so kind of see his point.. But Silva didn't appear to be lights out = can't blame John.

You sound like a vag tbh.. Tonights stoppage was perfectly fine.. Silva was conscious and his eyes were open but was frozen ... Big John's stoppage was fine .. Luckily Nelson stopped.. But Nelson felt silva go limp so kind of see his point.. But Silva didn't appear to be lights out = can't blame John.

But like seriously, whats worse, CTE or a kick in the ass?

people complain on both ends, herb stops to fast, big john not soon enough. people never happy i think it was fine

people complain on both ends, herb stops to fast, big john not soon enough. people never happy i think it was fine
I think in reality, Big Foot should be given a Rogan Intervention.

Its just not funny anymore to see him get KTFO and frankly it wasnt even fun betting on it happening, because the odds were shite, and everyone knew what would happen and it felt like blood money.

The guys had acromegaly, or whatever its called, steroid history, and now has been KO'd 8 times in the last 12 fights. Someone should have a word with him or just give him a glory path out against guys who dont actually hit hard.

Last edited:
Grab your pitchforks, Sherdog. Big John McCarthy is the new Tyrone Woodley.

You don't cut the NSAC kid, the NSAC cut you.

I think in reality, Big Foot should be given a Rogan Intervention.

Its just not funny anymore to see him get KTFO and frankly it wasnt even fun betting on it happening, because the odds were shite, and everyone knew what would happen and it felt like blood money.

The guys had acromegaly, or whatever its called, steroid history, and now has been KO'd 8 times in the last 12 fights. Someone should have a word with him or just give him a glory path out against guys who dont actually hit hard.
i agree but that is not Big john's fault should he take into consideration who the person is? that seems wrong, if bigfoot wasn't out and he stopped it bigfoot would be pissed. was the first fight he actually wasn't doing terrible. in his home country.

I thought the stoppage was fine, Bigfoot wasn't out, but he did fail to stop some big shots to his face.

Should he be cut?

goes to show that even excellent refs are human. is that news?

Should he be cut?

he's also racist

Smh, fucking impossible to be a ref. People always find something to complain about. Herb has an "early" stoppage with Hall/Brunson, now BJM has a "late" one with Nelson/Big foot. And Roy has the fucking nerve to kick BJM. If he felt that strongly about fighting a "friend", then he shouldn't have taken the fight. Hope he gets fined.

I feel so bad for Bigfoot.
Nobody seems to tell the guy he should stop fighting and UFC lets him take KO after KO .... at least Roy cares about him ...

Father Time catches up to everyone.

I didn't see an issue with the stoppage. I was actually glad he gave bigfoot a second to see if he could recover.

they're fucking FIGHTERS

let them FIGHT.

a knockdown is not a KO.

his legs were moving, he wasn't flatlined.

Back