Your reaction to Big Country kicking Big John after beating Big Foot?

What was your reaction?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2016-09-25_at_12.27.45_AM.0.0.png

Trending: Extra kicks after fights end

Roy Nelson looked upset at referee John McCarthy following his impressive knockout win over Antonio Silva, better known as "Bigfoot," at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 95.

Nelson kicked McCarthy in the butt and then proceeded to flip him in the bird in apparent disapproval of McCarthy's perceived late stoppage of the fight.

During the fight, Nelson clipped Silva with a vicious uppercut, sending him straight to the canvas. He then followed up with a few punches to the downed "Bigfoot," who looked unconscious and wasn't intelligently defending himself. Nelson voluntarily stopped winging punches from the punch, then McCarthy waved the fight off.

Below are videos of McCarthy's stoppage of the fight and Nelson's kick to McCarthy's back.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/2...-referee-john-mccarthy-after-knocking-out-big

Last edited:
At first I thought Roy mimed the kick. I even thought for a split second it might have been aimed at Bigfoot, which surprised me. Then I realized it was aimed at Big John and that it actually landed (sort of). It seemed like Big John didn't even notice when it happened live because the kick was more like a push, plus he was so focused on assisting Bigfoot at the time. Big John was giving Bigfoot verbal instructions and his voice didn't even break as Roy kicked him. His body language was nonchalant after the kick too. I think if he had noticed he would have been angry and/or nervous.

Lame. Roy being Roy. It wasn't that late of a stoppage and Roy's follow ups mostly whiffed and Bigfoot was still in it until the last punch connected and Big John called it.

If he really wanted to be a friend, he would have mimicked Hunt's walk off.

It was a harmless push...

This is a non story.

I was really hoping Roy left Big John drooling on the floor next to Bigfoot.

Expected.

The two are not even circumstances and the people who get upset at one, don't have to automatically get upset at another. For example, I've said in the past that I don't care about taunting, and I didn't care when MJ did it. I do care that Roy couldn't keep himself from kicking a Big John who was over a ko'd bigfoot. Not to mention we all know he's racebaiting.

I think it was bullshit on Nelson's part. If you don't want to punch your friend in the face, you can stop anytime. It's not like BMJ is there screaming "give him two more or I won't call it". The ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters, yes, but he also has a responsibility to make sure he doesn't rob someone by stopping it too early (Herb Dean style).

The two are not even circumstances and the people who get upset at one, don't have to automatically get upset at another. For example, I've said in the past that I don't care about taunting, and I didn't care when MJ did it. I do care that Roy couldn't keep himself from kicking a Big John who was over a ko'd bigfoot. Not to mention we all know he's racebaiting.

But this is MMA bro and shit like this don't belong in the octagon.

tito-ortiz-mingle-media-tv.jpg

But this is MMA bro and shit like this don't belong in the octagon.

tito-ortiz-mingle-media-tv.jpg

Tito, Brock, Anderson.... a lot of the most fun performers in the octagon actually showed how emotional they were about the fights. Made it more fun for me.

Big John made him have to inflect more damage (no HW has been Knockdown more them him)

K4oxv6PXX0AP6.gif

Fuck big John.

Back