What do you guys think about Garbrandt getting the next title shot?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I honestly dont agree with it. I think tj deserves it based on his performance against cruz, the controversial nature of the victory, and his domination of assuncao at 200. I think garbrandt is a good fighter, but he hasnt proven himself against any of the top 5 in the division. Lineker, rivera, or assuncao would all be perfect tests for him and if he gets through any one of them, he deserves the shot for sure. Even rivera fought a top 5 guy in his second fight at 135 and now hes regarded as a true talent based on his performance but with garbrandt, it almost seems as if the ufc is trying to protect him from the tough guys just so they can milk money off his name and style, even when they know his style is like tailor made for cruz. Its kind of dissapointing honestly, what do you guys think?

Garbrandt and Cruz will sell much more than TJ will. TJ went soft after that loss saying he didn't like the trash talking and blah, blah, blah. Cruz doesn't sell many ppvs as it is so a KO artist like Cody will sell, shit I would probably buy it. Lineker/Dodson winner fights TJ next. Possibly Jimmie Rivera in the mix but god he is a boring fighter to watch. So much talent in the guy tho

I think Cody should fight TJ to see who is worthy of getting the next shot.

Just another defense for the king. Line up the Cruzifictions...

Dominick-Cruz-and-his-2012-Nissan-GT-R-rear-quarter-panel.jpg

Lineaker or Dodson I think would be better. I was at the SD card and was skeptical about the "fat baby". I think he is a tougher fight for Cruz but thin Cruz would still UD him. Cruz just knows something that few else know. Dodson is also above Garbrant and I don't think he could touch Cruz either.

he takes chances and knocks guys out

those are the types of fighters i want to see get rewarded with titleshots

i love it just to see how mind fucked cody is gonna be he really doesn't get how outmatched he is

Theres fights to be made in every division that would sell. But we are talking about championship bouts in a stacked division. There no doubt that garbrandt cruz would sell, but is it really a worthwhile matchup? Id rather watch tj cruz for sure, that first fight was bananas. I just dont understand how everybody is okay with money fights being a bigger priority than the actual sport with the best fighters in the world. If garbrandt beats a top 5 guy, the cruz matchup would be much bigger anyways. Right now, it just seems cruz is sitting comfortable knowing he wont have to defend his title against tj with the way things are going, but at the same time, garbrandt is jumping into the deep end too quick and it will end up costing him if hes not careful. If cruz embarasses him, the way he does with guys who have codys style, cody will be labelled as the guy who just talked his way to a title shot without having the talent to back it up. I just see everything working out better if he just takes on one more guy in the top 5 while tj gets another crack at the title. Its a sport, us fans need to treat it that way as well, but now every1 is supporting the money fights as if they are running the ufc. Not trying to be offensive, but the ufc gets away with too much nowadays

It's too easy of a shot for Cody and too early imo. He should have to fight TJ because if he can beat TJ then maybe, just maybe, he might have a chance against Cruz. He's jumping the line without beating anyone, and I don't particularly care for that but whatever, he's gonna schooled.

I think it's a good fight to make. He's young and exciting, and we just had the TJ/Cruz fight. I don't mind a few fights in-between a rematch. I said it the other day, I think they should go forward with Cruz/Cody, and TJ should have a rematch with Dodson. Winners fight each other. Losers can also fight each other. To me, this seems like really good fights all around.

Cody should knockout Mieshas girlfriend first, then we can talk about a titleshot.

I think it's a good fight to make. He's young and exciting, and we just had the TJ/Cruz fight. I don't mind a few fights in-between a rematch. I said it the other day, I think they should go forward with Cruz/Cody, and TJ should have a rematch with Dodson. Winners fight each other. Losers can also fight each other. To me, this seems like really good fights all around.

Theres many people who thought tj won the first fight. It was a super close fight regardless but there was loads of people i talked to that thought tj won, thats enough to call it controversial in a sense. But no use crying over spilled beans, tj went ahead and completely dominated assuncao. I think people dont appreciate tj enough just because there hasnt been many brutal fights, but thats like a compliment to his talent.. he made assuncao look like a punching bag almost. We didnt need the immediate rematch, but cruz had a simple defense against faber and tj beat a guy ranked higher and imo tougher fighter than faber. They should do the rematch now

Theres many people who thought tj won the first fight. It was a super close fight regardless but there was loads of people i talked to that thought tj won, thats enough to call it controversial in a sense. But no use crying over spilled beans, tj went ahead and completely dominated assuncao. I think people dont appreciate tj enough just because there hasnt been many brutal fights, but thats like a compliment to his talent.. he made assuncao look like a punching bag almost. We didnt need the immediate rematch, but cruz had a simple defense against faber and tj beat a guy ranked higher and imo tougher fighter than faber. They should do the rematch now
I wouldn't have a problem with it, I'm just not too hung up on it either way. I don't think either guy is going anywhere anytime soon, they are the clear cut 1 and 2 of the division. TJ deserves it, I certainly won't argue that. Honestly I think I'm more interested in TJ/Dodson rematch than Cruz/Cody or Cruz/TJ. But either way, these guys are all gonna end up fighting each other so it's no big deal to me which fights are made right away.

Cruz/garbrandt. I like it. Cody no love has been puttin on some good finishes. Nobody has been able to catch dom yet. Codys got fast hands. And his punches hurt. Plus it sounds like they both want it. A new match up. Make it fight night sacramento. If not. Id like to see dillashaw/garbrandt. Make one happen

I wouldn't have a problem with it, I'm just not too hung up on it either way. I don't think either guy is going anywhere anytime soon, they are the clear cut 1 and 2 of the division. TJ deserves it, I certainly won't argue that. Honestly I think I'm more interested in TJ/Dodson rematch than Cruz/Cody or Cruz/TJ. But either way, these guys are all gonna end up fighting each other so it's no big deal to me which fights are made right away.

You have a point with cruz and tj being the clear top fighters at the division, i dont see anybody else in the division beating them either so they probably gonna stay on top but it still needsto be treated like a sport. How about all the other guys in front of garbrandt who worked their asses off. Rivera is coming off an amazing win, i wanna see garbrandt duke it out with rivera or the lineker dodson winner, thats an interestig matchup for sure. As for tj/dodson, i think tj would smoke him now, dodson hasnt gotten that much better and that first fight stoppage was controversial as fuck

I honestly dont agree with it. I think tj deserves it based on his performance against cruz, the controversial nature of the victory, and his domination of assuncao at 200. I think garbrandt is a good fighter, but he hasnt proven himself against any of the top 5 in the division. Lineker, rivera, or assuncao would all be perfect tests for him and if he gets through any one of them, he deserves the shot for sure. Even rivera fought a top 5 guy in his second fight at 135 and now hes regarded as a true talent based on his performance but with garbrandt, it almost seems as if the ufc is trying to protect him from the tough guys just so they can milk money off his name and style, even when they know his style is like tailor made for cruz. Its kind of dissapointing honestly, what do you guys think?
Garbrandt is a beast but I think a Dillashaw rematch is warranted due to the fact that they fought to a razor thin decision and TJ just avenged a loss to a top guy.

Give Garbrandt a top 5 and if he wins then give him the title shot.

You have a point with cruz and tj being the clear top fighters at the division, i dont see anybody else in the division beating them either so they probably gonna stay on top but it still needsto be treated like a sport. How about all the other guys in front of garbrandt who worked their asses off. Rivera is coming off an amazing win, i wanna see garbrandt duke it out with rivera or the lineker dodson winner, thats an interestig matchup for sure. As for tj/dodson, i think tj would smoke him now, dodson hasnt gotten that much better and that first fight stoppage was controversial as fuck
I'll admit, I usually hate when a fighter that talks shit gets to jump the line, but the way Cody has been finishing, plus his endless shit talk, with the addition of him being an Alpha Male/Fail, has intrigued me a bit. I agree he doesn't deserve it as much as others, TJ especially, but I also think that Cruz will smoke his ass and put him in check, and I kind of want to see that.

It's bullsh*t, but that's the UFC these days...

In a perfect world, we will get to see tj fight garbrandt next. I would love to see that, moreso than the cody cruz fight. Tj fights garbrandt, MAYBE give the lineker-dodson winner a title shot (dont really give either a chance against cruz), and miesha can keep caraway busy.

I think TJ deserves it, and while I'd rather see Cody face someone like Caraway next, I'd still be stoked for him against Cruz.

Back