Barao not the same

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
He used to look like a killer, now he's having contentious battles with fighters out of the top 15.

What's in store for the future of the Baron?

Pretty obvious both Dillashaw fights changed him

He just lacks confidence imo. Though he still fights like an experienced fighter, it just comes across as cautious.

yeah i'm really gutted about Barao. he used to be the top P4P fighter behind Aldo.

He had a close fight against a killer in Stephens. Nover is just a though guy who is game.

Anyways.. I think Barao overachieved in the past... he was always the same.

TJ took his soul. He never recovered from that first beating. Must be a mind fuck to be a killer and then get your ass kicked by someone young in the game who you were suppose to destroy.

Barao just got lucky. He's one hit wonder.

He's fighting bigger guys now. People expected a 5'6 guy to move up and just wreck everyone?

He peaked before the first TJ fight.

It's all downhill from here on out.

The TKO losses to TJ were extended beatings. He'll never be the same guy again, not with the mileage he's got at this point.

Clearly still very talented, but I don't see him in the top 5 of any division here out.

TJ took his soul. He never recovered from that first beating. Must be a mind fuck to be a killer and then get your ass kicked by someone young in the game who you were suppose to destroy.

I'd say made worse by getting badly rocked early but surviving and then getting dominated for the rest of the fight then finished, would have been much better for him if the overhand in the 1st had ended it.

I would have loved to see the previous Barao fight Cruz, very interesting match IMHO with the formers low kicking ability.

He was vastly overrated. Most of his fights were against shit talent, and the two good guys he did face were pretty much tailor made match-ups for him. He's good, mostly was just overpowering at BW.

However, the P4P #1 talk was absolutely ridiculous and sickening (to see mental health is that poor in the world). He's a top 15 FW at best, nothing more really.

I hope ya'lls family and friends are as critical about your performances in life. Fuck you all, Barao was a beast and is still a badass, you can't be on top forever

Back