Barao needs to go back to 135

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
While his skills might be light years above Nover, he does looks smaller than him. I even thought Stephens looked big for him. No way he makes any noise at FW.

It's the normal thing to scream whenever a fighter loses...

I missed the fight, but knew he lost just by the thread title!

It's the normal thing to scream whenever a fighter loses...

I missed the fight, but knew he lost just by the thread title!

It's still going on. Barao is winning easily but the size differential is noticeable.

Didn't he faint once while cutting weight

And they look similar in size if anything ...,..,., .

Not easy to look impressive when you're fighting the next GSP/Anderson Silva.

He looked awesome in the first 2 rounds and there never was a situation where he looked to weak or something

Nover spent the first half of his career at lightweight, just like Stephens. These are both massive featherweight fighters and he wasn't getting out muscled.

Barao simply isn't the best anymore. He's not old in age, but has a ton of mileage. The only thing waiting for him back at 135lbs is brain damage.

It's much safer to do a reasonable cut at this point in his career.

Move down after a win against a fighter you naively assumed would be a can? No. Just no.

Henan was getting boxed up by Mitch Gagnon at 135 recently and was 1-1 with him and arguably close to losing if Henan didn't get the TD and work that Nova Unaio arm triangle top game

He isn't elite anymore

Honestly Barao should look to be more of a grappler, really good top game, transitions, elite TDD, very good TDs. Thats.what he did best at against Mitch and Jeremy

His sturiking is outdated these days, gotta mix more gurappling

Back