[VIDEO] Roy Nelson kicks Big John McCarthey after Bigfoot stoppage

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I would like to see another angle to see how hard he actually kicked john, couldve easily knocked him over or maybe it was super light. hard to tell, probably just a light tap

should he be released? I think if he apologizes its cool, not a big deal IMO

Last edited:
It was just a push kick

Like Werdum he was just keeping the distance

Who's the baby who made that vid? That was about as hard as a pat on the back.

They'll take away his Burger Palace coupons for sure.

Thing is it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. He left , thought about it, went back and kicked him. Plus he's not on Dana's good side either, could def see him getting punished tho I don't think it's a big deal

it wasn't a hard kick

Herb would have stopped it for that kick though

I missed the fight, what we upset over? He had just won?

UFC has to control that pretty soon. Werdum kicking another guys coach was kinda funny but I'm not sure guys should be allowed to kick refs when they get frustrated with their opinion of whether or not a ref stopped a fight too early or late. What if guys who think a fight was stopped too soon just decides to kick or sock a ref because he didn't agree with the stoppage? Probably withhold those starbucks giftcards and netflix subscriptions they call backroom bonuses.

and thats roys release from the ufc sorted then.

The kick wasn't a big deal. It's just a push kick.

But he fucked up there. You don't hit a referee. And Bigfoot was already out, he could just do a Mark Hunt there and the fight would be over.

Jesus christ...this is our modern day people. Bunch of hide away pussies behind their computers crying that a man guy got pushed by a foot that caused absolutely no damage probably not even a bruise. Harden up you bunch of girls.

I missed the fight, what we upset over? He had just won?
Bigfoot was pretty clearly done, but big john was taking his good ole time as Roy had to throw some more shots to entice him to stop it. Roy just went about trying to make his point in a pretty terrible way by giving him a bit of a kick in the bum to say "Hey, that shit was pretty fuckin late".

Jesus christ...this is our modern day people. Bunch of hide away pussies behind their computers crying that a man guy got pushed by a foot that caused absolutely no damage probably not even a bruise. Harden up you bunch of girls.

i agree its not a big deal but in retrospect jason high pushed a ref and got released. pissed or not you cant hit/push/shove a referee and they cant have shit like that happening on TV. IMO hes got to apologize and they can move on or sweep it under the rug, id be pissed if he got fined/released but they have to make it clear you cant do that

i agree its not a big deal but in retrospect jason high pushed a ref and got released. pissed or not you cant hit/push/shove a referee and they cant have shit like that happening on TV. IMO hes got to apologize and they can move on or sweep it under the rug, id be pissed if he got fined/released but they have to make it clear you cant do that

I agree. But all this faux outrage makes me hurl.

Bigfoot was pretty clearly done, but big john was taking his good ole time as Roy had to throw some more shots to entice him to stop it. Roy just went about trying to make his point in a pretty terrible way by giving him a bit of a kick in the bum to say "Hey, that shit was pretty fuckin late".

I see, thanks for the info.

Uhh, you can't touch a ref like that. Sorry but it's zero tolerance, you can't make people think it's okay to shove a ref after a fight cause you're not happy with them.

I would expect some sort of suspension from commission. UFC prob doesn't release him though

I have to say, the refs in the UFC always try to high hand the fighters during a stoppage, some people think they're 'doing their job', most of the time it seems like they are just trying to act like tough guys in a safe way. Mccarthy is the worst for grabbing fighters around the neck, it's like he's trying to tell the crowd he's a tough guy who could take these dudes if he really wanted to but the dude never has the balls to do that shit they do. Miragliotta, another wannabe tough guy who never has the balls to fight himself but loves grabbing dudes around the neck like he's dominating them, when if they really wanted to they would kill him.

MMA is full of fragile egos and wannabes, go figure.

They will not release him but he will fight once or twice a year and never a top 5 guy again

They will not let him go to Bellator and improve their roster for that

Back