Are Whittaker and Brunson the only good rising MWs in the UFC?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Who else is there? Guys like Weidman, Luke, Kennedy, Jacare, Yoel, Bisping, Gegard, Anderson are already established

Hall? [<cena1}
Santos? {<jordan}
Elias? <{ByeHomer}>

Camozzi.......<{yearp}>

Alvey........<6>

Tavares? <{cruzshake}>

Ferreira? <mma2>

Kelly? <{CMPALM}>

Askham? <{boneytears}>

Jotko, Hermansan and Cedenblad? <21>

as much as ppl shit on prospects in flyweight, light heavy and heavy, MW isnt much better shape........135-155 has got it locked when it comes to up and comers

Lol...who the fook is a prospect at LHW and HW? All HW has is a bunch of sub-par fighters with Sambro backgrounds and names that end in 'ov'. Only good one that I'd say could be a legit top 5 is maybe Minakov, and at 31, I wouldn't really call him a prospect, just a guy with a bad career choices.

Jack Hermannson, Robert Whittaker, and Paulo Costa are all good prospects. MW isn't great, but it's certainly in a better situation then those two shitty divisions you mentioned.

Flyweight is still developing and imo will be a good division later on but pretty spot on with the heavier divisions in 185-265 . Seems fewer prospects are appearing and it only belongs to the 30-40 year olds. 185 needs developing but for the moment let's be grateful we have who we got and that the champ hasn't cleaned out the division.

Lol...who the fook is a prospect at LHW and HW? All HW has is a bunch of sub-par fighters with Sambro backgrounds and names that end in 'ov'. Only good one that I'd say could be a legit top 5 is maybe Minakov, and at 31, I wouldn't really call him a prospect, just a guy with a bad career choices.

Jack Hermannson, Robert Whittaker, and Paulo Costa are all good prospects. MW isn't great, but it's certainly in a better situation then those two shitty divisions you mentioned.

Pretty spot on , Lhw is pretty much DC , Jones , Rumble , and Gustafsson. You can throw Glover in there but he looked non competitive with two of those guys already. That's a pretty watered down division and in a couple of years most of the top 10 at HW will be retired already...

Pretty spot on , Lhw is pretty much DC , Jones , Rumble , and Gustafsson. You can throw Glover in there but he looked non competitive with two of those guys already. That's a pretty watered down division and in a couple of years most of the top 10 at HW will be retired already...
Glover is in the mix just as much as Gus... He would beat Gus IMO

Its not like Weidman, Luke, Kennedy, Yoel, Jacare, are at the end of their careers like most of HW top 10.

There will be new faces eventually. Its not like 185 will die out.

Glover is in the mix just as much as Gus... He would beat Gus IMO

I think Gus uses his range and finds Glover's chin tbh but Glover's a dangerous mofo so I can never count him out . I still got Gus finishing him if the fight were to happen...

I think Gus uses his range and finds Glover's chin tbh but Glover's a dangerous mofo so I can never count him out . I still got Gus finishing him if the fight were to happen...
Yeah i get where you are coming from. But just based from his last performance i don't see it happening

Yep, it's pretty scary to be honest, and I've seen it that way for a couple years now without it getting better. In fact, it's getting worse now that maybe the only true prospect, "beasting never' has turned out to be pretty mediocre. The division is on an even worse trajectory than HW. In just two years alone (pretty much the minimum to take a prospect and build a top UFC contender) Bader who is average to begin with will be 35, Rumble who relies on his speed will be 34, and Teixera 38, Cormier 39.

That, with Gus and Jones (if he can even stick around, or maybe he leaves LHW) will be your Top 5. That is freaking terrible, and there is literally no prospects I can think of that could be ready to compete at that level in two years and make it look good. Even in three, or four...I mean it's bad for LHW, and I think I even remember Dana subtly hinting at how bad the situation was in an interview or something.

Really the only hope for the division to not just have wars between Gus and Jones for the next 10 years is Kyle Snyder taking on MMA, which I hope to Conor he does for the sake of putting some competition in the division.

Yep, it's pretty scary to be honest, and I've seen it that way for a couple years now without it getting better. In fact, it's getting worse now that maybe the only true prospect, "beasting never' has turned out to be pretty mediocre. The division is on an even worse trajectory than HW. In just two years alone (pretty much the minimum to take a prospect and build a top UFC contender) Bader who is average to begin with will be 35, Rumble who relies on his speed will be 34, and Teixera 38, Cormier 39.

That, with Gus and Jones (if he can even stick around, or maybe he leaves LHW) will be your Top 5. That is freaking terrible, and there is literally no prospects I can think of that could be ready to compete at that level in two years and make it look good. Even in three, or four...I mean it's bad for LHW, and I think I even remember Dana subtly hinting at how bad the situation was in an interview or something.

Really the only hope for the division to not just have wars between Gus and Jones for the next 10 years is Kyle Snyder taking on MMA, which I hope to Conor he does for the sake of putting some competition in the division.

It really is sad and two of the recent TUFS had lhws who don't look even near ready for holding down the division. I honestly don't see it staying alive in the future or seeing anyone being competitive to Jones ( who's still pretty young but needs to get his stuff together) . If any weight class needs prospects it's this one pretty badly ...

Jotko is 5-1 and coming of a nice KO win

It really is sad and two of the recent TUFS had lhws who don't look even near ready for holding down the division. I honestly don't see it staying alive in the future or seeing anyone being competitive to Jones ( who's still pretty young but needs to get his stuff together) . If any weight class needs prospects it's this one pretty badly ...

Yeah, guys might move around weight classes though so maybe there is a chance.

I forgot about Paul Craig who I really like too, but that's literally it, and I don't think he is on UFC's radar and is in his late 20's. Needs to be signed soon to really have a chance.

UFC desperately needs Kyle Snyder to switch over, and more wrestlers in general.

Last edited:
Flyweight is still developing and imo will be a good division later on but pretty spot on with the heavier divisions in 185-265 . Seems fewer prospects are appearing and it only belongs to the 30-40 year olds. 185 needs developing but for the moment let's be grateful we have who we got and that the champ hasn't cleaned out the division.

I agree. Flyweight is quickly catching up and surpassing LHW and HW, and probably will surpass MW too. Probably has the best prospects 25 and under over any other division.

Jotko is 5-1 and coming of a nice KO win

I mentioned him. He hasnt looked that good in general, shouldve arguably lost VS Askham who's been way underwhelming, Santos fight couldve went either way and got finished by Cedenblad who's not anything special himself and might be the better prospect going forward

Last edited:
I agree. Flyweight is quickly catching up and surpassing LHW and HW, and probably will surpass MW too. Probably has the best prospects 25 and under over any other division.

25 is an arbitrary number honestly, 135-155 all have better prospects and lap any other divisions

Let the top 10 all fight each other before we were about new prospects. Still many great matchups to be made.

Obviously Eric Spicely. Future MW champion 2020!

The current season of TUF really makes me appreciate the flyweight , all the fights have been awesome thus far. It's one division that should be watched for but the heavier divisions are in need of some deep scouting. I'd like to see Mcgreary or Branch jump ship to add to Lhw or this time do a tuf that consist of all LHW or HW ( last HW tuf brought us guys like Nelson , Schaub , and Mitrione) . Maybe even go the champion route like they did with this TUF as well ...

Back