if Zuffa is fine paying someone like CM Punk 6 digits, why not serious cash for a GGG or Canelo

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seriously want to see these boxers in their prime with some cross training compete in MMA. It would settle a lot of questions,

Because Canelo made $12 million in his last fight. It's not worth it for the UFC to pay him $12 mil, bro.

01_FanSigns_crop_north.jpg

Cause they want their money.

GGG and Canelo would demand way more money than that. I don't think they would bring in as many fans either.

Canelo can't even sell over 400K in boxing unless if he's paired up against a big name. He's not worth big money.

First off Punk wanted to be an MMA fighter
I never heard the others say that

Those guys aren't training for mma. You gonna give them more than they make boxing for them to train mma?

Punk is a much better investment.

They're too expensive for UFC to make ridiculous money off of

ufc can't afford the big drama show.

but seriously these guys already mastered a sport with a deeper talent pool and purses, what reason would they have to start a new one. They aren't actors who would be into getting embarrassed to try to prove something to themselves.

GGG and Canelo are the only current fighters whose fights, all of them, are shown in my country live on free TV. On the other hand, none of the channels wanted anything with TUF Latinamerica.

Why the hell you wanna pay that much for someone that is guaranteed to lose vs good fighters? They are great boxers and thats it

Canela would never step foot in the ufc. Second, GGG and Canelo make a lot more money boxing than anything the ufc could offer

They'll get taken down and pounded just as easily. They're elite boxers who couldn't be paid enough to do MMA.

It's like the McGregor/Mayweather nonsense, pointless.
Why pay a boxer loads of money to lose at MMA when you can pay an old wrestler to do the same for far less. Obviously yhe UFC wanted the CM Punk name but I'd have taken him a bit more seriously if he'd used his real name. It was also terrible matchmaking, they should have given him a standup fighter with no take downs or BJJ, they'd have got a few rounds for their money then.

They'd be better off getting more ex NFL players or Heavyweight (fake) wrestlers, at least they win some fights

If they want another boxer they should have tried Jeo Joyce the superheavy Rio silver medalist. He was doing some Capoeira at the end of his fights so he can probably kick as well as punch so he'd just need some wrestling.

Back