Dominick Cruz - Floyd Mayweather of MMA?

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
never occurred to me but

dude is all about movement and defense. tdd and grappling game is insane, mixes it in when he chooses and is always in control on the ground

sure his striking is lightyears behind floyd (obviously) but has made a career out of outpointing, technique, precision and movement while never getting hit

im not even a huge cruz/floyd fan, just felt that they both share a bit of similarities (and get hated for the same reasons) despite having a flawless style that cant be beat

(without the money and ego)

Last edited:
Floyd without the millions and millions of dollars

Wtf not even close.. Would rather watch a Floyd fight by far. Floyd has amazing defense and great counter .. Cruz looks like a Neanderthal out there

Floyd without the millions and millions of dollars

true but that promo ufc ran of cruz and dillashaw got me thinking that cruz could definitely be marketable if floyd is lol

No. Cruz will not avoid his most dangerous opponent until the time is right and fight other guys for years. Cruz will not eventually fight said opponent 7 years later and it be the letdown of the century. Cruz already did it with two years off.

i think dom can read a harry potter book

Floyd is not that much about movement. He'd often stand in front of his opponent and then do his signature shoulder roll rolling with the punches while landing fast counters when he sees openings. Or he just times you and sneaks his punches just before you'd like to attack. He relies a lot on his speed and timing. He also clinches a lot.

No. Cruz will not avoid his most dangerous opponent until the time is right and fight other guys for years. Cruz will not eventually fight said opponent 7 years later and it be the letdown of the century. Cruz already did it with two years off.

Pacquiao vs Floyd was not a letdown, it was just like every boxing fan expected it to be.

never occurred to me but

dude is all about movement and defense. tdd and grappling game is insane, mixes it in when he chooses and is always in control on the ground

sure his striking is lightyears behind floyd (obviously) but has made a career out of outpointing, technique, precision and movement while never getting hit

im not even a huge cruz/floyd fan, just felt that they both share a bit of similarities (and get hated for the same reasons) despite having a flawless style that cant be beat

(without the money and ego)
Floyd is not really a mover. He likes to fight flat footed.

Pacquiao vs Floyd was not a letdown, it was just like every boxing fan expected it to be.
This .. Only retards thought pacman had a chance.. Pacman is a wild puncher with no counter , defense for the counter, and average at best defense.. Was a easy fight for Floyd no matter when the fight would've taken place

Dominick Cruz was part of Floyd's entourage at one time

Dominick-Cruz-hangs-out-withFloyd-Mayweather..png

Floyd is the greatest hit n hug fighter ever. Dom.not close

Back