How can the Cyborg be denied a UFC FW division if she crushes Lansberg tonite?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cyborg fights at FW, 145lbs. The UFC does not have a FW division, the closest they have is a BW division which is 135lbs. and according to Cyborg and her reps she cannot make that weight. Cyborg headlining a UFC Fight Night at a weight class that isn't even in the UFC currently is a huge deal, and in my opinion a sign of things to come.

If Cyborg crushes Lansberg like I expect she will, then she's on a dominating 2 fight win streak in the UFC.

You say, "There isn't enough talent at FW for the UFC to start a division!"

I say, "Perfect! That's exactly what the UFC brass wants! The UFC brass wants another Ronda Rousey, a dominating fighter who crushes many opponents (cans/soccer moms, whatever you want to call them) and makes it look easy. She will sell many tickets."

Someday someone will come along and topple Cyborg with either skill or Cyborg getting old and that's fine, the UFC will have made their money and the new fighter will take her mantle.

Cyborg crushing cans isn't what many diehard MMA fans want to see, but it is what many casual fans will pay to see not knowing she's crushing cans....just like Rousey. And that paid off for the UFC until an actual skilled fighter in Holm came along.

For the UFC it's actually better that there isn't much talent in the FW division, Cyborg dominating will be that much more assured.

So, I think this is a final test run for the UFC and Cyborg. If Cyborg wins tonight against Lansberg in dominant fashion, I wouldn't be surprised if a UFC FW division is created, especially since the UFC owns Invicta, and thus has Cyborg under contract already.

Last edited:
The question posed in the title is a total non-sequitur

Because they are protecting Conor from the beast they call cyborg

How can I be denied the Nobel Prize if I crushed my physics mid-term?
Even those concepts connect more than the question he posed. At least passing your physics midterm is an achievement in the field of physics and there is a Nobel Prize for achievements in the field of physics. His question juxtaposes two entirely unrelated concepts: "why is there no WFW division" and "can Cyborg beat this BW?"

She just has to loose some of that roid muscle. They are all waiting or her at 135.

How can Mickey Gall be denied a UFC Franklinweight Intercontinental Belt if he crushes CM Punk?

I'm down to watch Cyborg crush cans at 145, but what I really want to see is Cyborg vs Punk

Cyborg fights at FW, 145lbs. The UFC does not have a FW division, the closest they have is a BW division which is 135lbs. and according to Cyborg and her reps she cannot make that weight. Cyborg headlining a UFC Fight Night at a weight class that isn't even in the UFC currently is a huge deal, and in my opinion a sign of things to come.

If Cyborg crushes Lansberg like I expect she will, then she's on a dominating 2 fight win streak in the UFC.

I say, "Perfect! That's exactly what the UFC brass wants! The UFC brass wants another Ronda Rousey, a dominating fighter who crushes many opponents (cans/soccer moms, whatever you want to call them) and makes it look easy. She will sell many tickets."

Someday someone will come along and topple Cyborg with either skill or Cyborg getting old and that's fine, the UFC will have made their money and the new fighter will take her mantle.

Cyborg crushing cans isn't what many diehard MMA fans want to see, but it is what many casual fans will pay to see not knowing she's crushing cans....just like Rousey. And that paid off for the UFC until an actual skilled fighter in Holm came along.

For the UFC it's actually better that there isn't much talent in the FW division, Cyborg dominating will be that much more assured.

So, I think this is a final test run for the UFC and Cyborg. If Cyborg wins tonight against Lansberg in dominant fashion, I wouldn't be surprised if a UFC FW division is created, especially since the UFC owns Invicta, and thus has Cyborg under contract already.
Agreed. Make a woman's featherweight division. More incentive if there is a title on the line for women to try Cyborg. Don't really care for all the counter argument just do it.

They should just go ahead and do it. I want to see women's divisions all the way up to middleweight/lightheavyweight

Dana Show them who's the boss and increase the weight limit in every category , 5 pounds would be perfect ..

How can I be denied the Nobel Prize if I crushed my physics mid-term?

Well Obama did get the Nobel Peace prize almost immediately after winning the first election. They said it was for "what they hoped he would do."

Well Obama did get the Nobel Peace prize almost immediately after winning the first election. They said it was for "what they hoped he would do."

To his credit he broke a 200+ year ccc-combo.

I agree and Made a thread of same thing

No thanks, womens 145 is ridiculously thin. Thinner than womens bw, thinner than mens flyweight.

No interest in watching her crush cans, there just isn't the depth. The entire reason they brought her over was for her to gradually lose weight and fight at 135.

Instead she's steadily packed on weight and tried to get them to make a division just for her. Screw that.

Back