Dominick Cruz commentating is brilliant

J

JollyRants

This guy breaks down everything going on in the cage. The mistakes the fighters are making and why they are making the mistakes. Hes breaking down positions and everything. He doesn't see the sport as mindless fighting hes sees the sport almost as a science. This guy is brilliant and has a future in commentating along with Daniel Cormier. One day i hope to see Dominick Cruz and Cormier as commentators permanently. Thoughts ?
Dominick-Cruz-UFN81-Post-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't doubt his competence as a commentator, but there is a sizable gap in intelligence between him and me, and that confuses and angers me. The more I listen to him commentate the more I feel like it's aimed squarely at me, to frustrate me and to make me feel stupid, which reminds me of my ex, which is not appreciated. I much prefer listening to donks like Mike Goldberg whom I can feel superior to. I sort of have an idea what Cruz is talking about but not really, just like when I watch his fights.

SM51h.jpg

Dominick is great but he has one problem

he has the charisma of a fucking rock

In that last fight where the dude got highlight reel stanky leg KO'd, instead of reacting, Dominick instead finished his sentence up to 5 seconds after the stoppage about fighter x setting up fighter y for a certain strike. Dude could care less if the fight just ended by spectacular KO, just went about giving play by play like he was reading the newspaper

Shit on rogan all you want but him freaking out when an opponents rocked/dropped adds to the fight. cruz seems to have the fighter mentality of staying very calm, and emotionless. he didn't lift an eyebrow when the fight ended, didnt even raise his voice or demeanor lol

Dominick is great but he has one problem

he has the charisma of a fucking rock

In that last fight where the dude got highlight reel stanky leg KO'd, instead of reacting, Dominick instead finished his sentence up to 5 seconds after the stoppage about fighter x setting up fighter y for a certain strike. Dude could care less if the fight just ended by spectacular KO, just went about giving play by play like he was reading the newspaper

Shit on rogan all you want but him freaking out when an opponents rocked/dropped adds to the fight. cruz seems to have the fighter mentality of staying very calm, and emotionless. he didn't lift an eyebrow when the fight ended, didnt even raise his voice or demeanor lol

You want 2 Goldies?

That can definitely be arranged without too much trouble.

P4P bests analyst in the game.

P4P best color commentator in the UFC.

I pray to Conor that he takes over the PPV broadcast.

Cruz ducked most of the punches thrown at him during his career. Benefits him now.

I don't doubt his competence as a commentator, but there is a sizable gap in intelligence between him and me, and that confuses and angers me. The more I listen to him commentate the more I feel like it's aimed squarely at me, to frustrate me and to make me feel stupid, which reminds me of my ex, which is not appreciated. I much prefer listening to donks like Mike Goldberg whom I can feel superior to. I sort of have an idea what Cruz is talking about but not really, just like when I watch his fights.

SM51h.jpg
So you're saying Cruz isn't intelligent enough for you to relate to, but Goldberg is? Thumbs up Sparky.

So you're saying Cruz isn't intelligent enough for you to relate to, but Goldberg is? Thumbs up Sparky.

No I'm saying it's the other way around. Cruz is too intelligent for me to relate to, and that confuses and angers me, duh. Doesn't look like you're the sharpest tool in the shed either, we're probably the same level in terms of IQ, so you wouldn't relate to Cruz either.

No I'm saying it's the other way around. Cruz is too intelligent for me to relate to, and that confuses and angers me, duh. Doesn't look like you're the sharpest tool in the shed either, we're probably the same level in terms of IQ, so you wouldn't relate to Cruz either.
I happen to be very smart, my parents said I was so smart that I couldn't go to normal schools. I got to ride the short bus with the other special kids.

I happen to be very smart, my parents said I was so smart that I couldn't go to normal schools. I got to ride the short bus with the other special kids.

Hate to break to to you bro, but I rode the same bus and it...well let's just say it's not what you think it is.

Back