4 Billion was a bad investment.

squatchi26

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I really do believe that the UFC is going to take a huge dip in ppv sales and viewership by the end of next year. I am more of a casual fan these days (06ish-2011 was my top viewing years) and like many of my coworkers and friends I am not excited about any upcoming fights or cards. I am not saying the UFC is dying but there is no way that those owners will ever get returns on that investment.

Well DUH

But what was more stupid was people thinking the ufc were not going to sell up anytime soon

make it a legitimate sport and dont do the money fights. it will pay off in the long term.

They should have consulted with squatchi before making the purchase.

Hooray, another "UFC is dying" thread! I love those, especially when the poster says "I am not saying the UFC is dying" and then says that the UFC is dying.

I'll take the people investing billions of dollars on it over your opinion which is based off of how you and your friends feel

People called Lorenzo an idiot 20 years ago for buying the UFC.

I really do believe that the UFC is going to take a huge dip in ppv sales and viewership by the end of next year. I am more of a casual fan these days (06ish-2011 was my top viewing years) and like many of my coworkers and friends I am not excited about any upcoming fights or cards. I am not saying the UFC is dying but there is no way that those owners will ever get returns on that investment.

If only the investors had an expert like you in their employ instead of those incompetent shills with their worthless degrees.

Yes.

Yes it was.

Whereas...........................................................................................

https://www.wired.com/2015/12/disney-star-wars-return-on-investment/

On the contrary, I expect to be watching UFC cards in FIFTY F'ING YEARS. As long as the new owners keep running the business intelligently like the old brass did, there's no reason this sport won't have the longevity of other major sports.

I think it's well past the point of "UFC's a fad." You're being incredibly myopic.

As society grows more civilized/soft, things like the NFL and the UFC will grow in popularity, IMHO.

I agree they have a star power problem right now. McGregor will be gone in probably 2 years. Ronda may fight once or twice more. After them, who knows.

But the sport will survive. It's survived far darker times than this.

Was it worth 4 billion? My gut tells me that the buyers bought at the peak. But that's their problem.

they're making money and giving the fighters only 13% of their revenue (revenue, right?), that's great business

maybe 4bi was a bit too much, but still

Why are we talking like we know shit about business?

Last edited:
Clearly a casual fan is in a better position to tell if $4 billion was a good price than the people who spent the $4 billion.

The UFC still have a worldwide monopoly on top level MMA, their only real threat is if someone else with piles of money tries to compete with them but everyone who's tried that has run out of money and failed.

Yes it was a bad investment. They should have invested that money in me. I would have quadrupled it!

Well that's like your opinion

The reality is the ufc has really good profit margins because they pay the fighters less the. 15 percent of there income.

There will be a new fox equivalent deal which will be for more money and other sponsors

Back