Why not Khabib vs Barboza?

MuyThaiElbows

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That match up makes the most sense to me in the division besides RDA/Ferguson.

Rumor had it that it was going down at 205, but the triangle of Khabib, Alvarez, and Conor had to happen.

very logical fight with MJ vs Pettis at 155lbs

Barboza : "What the Hell did I do? I aint even got no Title...porque Molestarle?"

If Khabib did not get the title fight then this would have been the fight to make.

But as it stands Khabib is the fighter that makes the most sense for a title shot in the current LW landscape.

if thats the case then we need aldo/holloway and eddie/conor. Would be interesting if it was all on the same card.

if thats the case then we need aldo/holloway and eddie/conor. Would be interesting if it was all on the same card.
Throw Woodley/Thompson and JoJed/KK and that's the card of the year.

I think Barbosa wins. He has the best tdd in the division.

I would pick him to win too, but I could see Khabib trying to LnP for 3 rounds. Khabib has no stand up and Barboza's kicks would affect his takedowns and movement imo.

No he doesnt. This guy does:

16-ufc-148-Gleison-Tibau-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov.JPG

Hes in the running for greatest TDD of alltime, he has a 92 TDD% for his career and he shut down Khabibs TD game to the tune of 0/13 on TDs

khabib vs Conor Mcdouchebag man!! its time to expose the fraud called "Notorious" shit talker....the funny thing is that neither his fans or Dana get to excited by that match...why do you think it is? NO IT'S NOT THE LACK OF MONEY BITCHES!! they are fucking scared that their milk goat could get ragdolled....;)

Khabib fought only one guy with really good TDD - Tibau - and he wasn't dominating, so fight another guy with very good TDD + fearsome striking - Edson - shouldn't be one-sided in Khabib's favor.

If I was Edson or any of these guys, before signing the bout agreement, I'd talk to the UFC about a planned backup for when Khabib gets hurt in camp and pulls out.

Khabib doesn't fight that often. If he doesn't get the title shot now, we will have to wait for a few more years because of some religious crap, or some injury or something.

Back