Would you include in the goat talks someone without many title defenses as champ?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Getting to the top is one thing, but staying there along the years is a completely different thing, that´s what they say....

Many people are talking about Hendo becoming one of the goats if he gets the belt (totally undeserved ts)... I know he´s a legend of the sport with great wins against the who´s who back in the days.... but goat????????

What´s your opinion, sherdog?

Titles defenses are only one criterion of GOATyness.

Some people act like it's all about wins and losses but I don't feel that way at all.

only mcgregor. i dont think any other guys that have won a title but didnt defend it deserve to be in the goat talks, though.

If there's a Conor thing going on here, I'm out.

Dan is not a legend just because he fought since the early days of MMA. Overrated.

Chuck, Anderson,GSP, and BJ are the OGs of defenses.

Dom and MitghyMouse are starting to be in the same sentence.

Champions hardly hold on to their hardware now a days. The last era was the best era imo. In today's UFC we got guys picking who they fight, ducking top contenders, and guys pulling out with injuries for a strain. Needless to say I miss the golden era.

only mcgregor. i dont think any other guys that have won a title but didnt defend it deserve to be in the goat talks, though.
Why not Serra, Werdum and Weidman then? They finished the goats, so according to your logic, they should be there too.

Chubby smaller guy murdering giants and going undefeated for 10 years???? I think he has a strong case.
Got waxed and taxed by Hendo, Bigfoot, Werdum AND got gifted a decision in his home country over Maldonado.

He may be up there but there's no way that's the resume of the GOAT.

Chuck, Anderson,GSP, and BJ are the OGs of defenses.

Dom and MitghyMouse are starting to be in the same sentence.

Champions hardly hold on to their hardware now a days. The last era was the best era imo. In today's UFC we got guys picking who they fight, ducking top contenders, and guys pulling out with injuries for a strain. Needless to say I miss the golden era.
nice post.

No you need title defenses it shows longevity of how long you were the best out of all the guys in your divison take for example silva Jones dj Cruz now give me someone who doesn't have any or more than 1-2 and tell me how it even remotely would make sense to have them in any kind of goat discussion

Got waxed and taxed by Hendo, Bigfoot, Werdum AND got gifted a decision in his home country over Maldonado.

You only talked about his losses when he was out of his prime.... his legacy was already writen, losing those fights doesn´t change the past.

You only talked about his losses when he was out of his prime.... his legacy was already writen, losing those fights doesn´t change the past.
GSP or Jonny Bones are the only 2 that could possibly be the GOAT IMO. You just can't lose as much as Fedor and Anderson did and then still be the GOAT.

Getting to the top is one thing, but staying there along the years is a completely different thing, that´s what they say....

Many people are talking about Hendo becoming one of the goats if he gets the belt (totally undeserved ts)... I know he´s a legend of the sport with great wins against the who´s who back in the days.... but goat????????

Hendo's a great fighter. But to be in GOAT territory, you've gotta win multiple title defenses.

Too many opponents have beaten Dan by exploiting his weaknesses (lack of punch defense, uneven ground game.)

I'm sure Hendo will make the UFC's Hall of Fame. But he's no GOAT.

Hendo is considered a GOAT because he owned two belts at the same time in Pride when he was at his athletic prime. Pride Welterweight was 183 lbs and Middleweight was 205 lbs. Hendo was very undersized for 205 yet still won that belt at a time when Pride was the best MMA organization.

Dominick Cruz is super underrated in that debate.

I don't care about title defenses or bs "Top 10" wins.

There was a time during the golden age of a superior MMA promotion where different things were expected, guys fought tournaments, guys fought in a ring, guys fought to decent judging standards, and the sport was so much better.

Since winning the belt he's 1-1 against a lightweight gatekeeper with 0 title defenses. How could he possibly be considered the goat he's not even the best 145lber ever..

After going undefeated for 30 fights over many years, he slipped and started losing.

Congrats on a truly stupid post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back