Garbrandt got lucky he never fought Lineker

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I like Cody, but he should be counting his lucky stars right now...that he never had to go through Lineker or Dodson.

Both guys have iron chins, both guys are way faster than Garbrandt, and being that Cody got knocked out cold in the first punch of his pro-fight...chins never heal. Those two would have put him on his ass.

I know the UFC is about selling the fights people cares about, which is cool. I'm just bringing to light that there are a bunch of guys at Bantamweight that I think would either school Cody....or put him to sleep.

Especially, ESPECIALLY...keep Dodson away from Garbrandt. Unfortunate that either Lineker or Dodson have to take each other out.

He will after he KO's Cruise. If he gets by TJ.

I like Cody, but he should be counting his lucky stars right now...that he never had to go through Lineker or Dodson.

Both guys have iron chins, both guys are way faster than Garbrandt, and being that Cody got knocked out cold in the first punch of his pro-fight...chins never heal. Those two would have put him on his ass.

I know the UFC is about selling the fights people cares about, which is cool. I'm just bringing to light that there are a bunch of guys at Bantamweight that I think would either school Cody....or put him to sleep.

Especially, ESPECIALLY...keep Dodson away from Garbrandt. Unfortunate that either Lineker or Dodson have to take each other out.
I don't agree that Lineker is faster than Garbrandt, but if they are in the pocket exchanging...Garbarndt will be at the receiving end of the KO. Dodson definitely probably has the speed and power advantage, I agree.

I can see it, him trying to prove a point by knocking lineker out and eating a bomb and going night night.

i'd like to see him vs dillashaw. or Assunção.

I never thought Lineker was super fast? also, I thought Cody was knocked out in ammy fight?

I never thought Lineker was super fast? also, I thought Cody was knocked out in ammy fight?

Yep, it was an ammy fight. My fault..and when Lineker wants to be fast, he's pretty quick. He plods forward a lot, but I think thats due to him just walking guys down to get them to the fence. I remember right before the exchange with Rivera, he leaped in quick and just started ripping to the body. Once he engages you into a shootout...it's a wrap.

Lineker has 100lb anvils for fists. For his size, dude has absolutely devastating power.

Lineker just has a god tier chin. MacDonald cracked him over and over with shots that put down other people before, but Lineker just ate them like chicken nuggets and landed his own power shots.

Yeeeeeah...not so sure Lineker is faster than Cody. But he is definitely more durable & more careless. Think he could eat some of Cody's shots returning some bombs ending his night.

Linekar is a terrible matchup for Cody

Like someone said above, I see Garbrandt trying to make a point by trying to bang with him and than getting caught at the end of Linekers hook. Garbrandt looks good when he's the aggressor, I doubt he stays in the pocket when he's the one gets bombed on.

Lineker is an animal. He's like the rumble of BW.

Garbrandt is faster and more technical, and more physically imposing with the reach advantage. Once Lineker starts throwing those wide hooks, Cody would counter him easily. It'd look like when Gil was parrying and countering Diego's wild punches in their fight.

He is not ready for Cruz, this will be easy, Cruz will pad his record but the payday will be way lower than it should be for a Championship fight for Cody, if he loses it will set him back anbd the next fight could make him a nobody real quick. Big gamble by Faber on his top horse.

Lots of Garbrandt-hating geniuses thought Almeida would kill Cody too. How'd that shit work out?

Lineker is the front runner of church just bleed right now. Who else is a better KO artist right now in the UFC?

Garbrandt is faster and more technical, and more physically imposing with the reach advantage. Once Lineker starts throwing those wide hooks, Cody would counter him easily. It'd look like when Gil was parrying and countering Diego's wild punches in their fight.
i'm not sure where this garbrandt being technical shit came from, dude throws like nothing but hooks and gets away with it because of his speed advantage.

Definitely, he didn't even have to fight Caraway or Faber. I've been a fan since I first saw Cody fight, but there are plenty of questions to be answered.

Lots of Garbrandt-hating geniuses thought Almeida would kill Cody too. How'd that shit work out?

Almeida got rocked and dropped twice in one round by an over the hill Pickett....not to mention his chin is a little shaky. That was a pick em fight. Lineker has fought tall 5'9 guys like Rivera and Mcdonald, his chin is STUPID hard, and his power in unmatched...exactly the type of guy to put Garbrandt into unconsciousness.

Back