All of the top UFC stars should refuse to fight until the UFC increases pay for all it's fighters

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Drastic actions will lead to drastic changes - that is a fact.

All of the fighters need to stand together and act as one - the 1% needs to join with the 99%.

What's surprising is that now that the UFC is democrat owned, one would have expected that they adhere to the morals of their party by paying higher wages to their employees, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The new owners have demonstrated exactly what the Democrats have been known for, being two faced snakes. Say one thing, do another.

This argument of if you don't like it, go fight somewhere else is ridiculous, even more so that the organization is now democrat owned. Remember "Love it or leave it"? Well that statement really triggered the dems, yet, here they are, doing the same.

But moving on..

The point here is that fighters are fighting for peanuts under the new owners of the UFC and it needs to change. You can't support a family working at Walmart, and you certainly can't support one being at the low end of the UFC pay scale.

What I propose (which is very reasonable, hear me out) is for any fighter on the UFC roster earning less than 80K a year, should receive an annual base pay of $50K with a minimum of $20K/$20K per fight - per fight raises to be determined on performance.

Last edited:
MTLzyBrTa.jpeg

Why would the guys making millions of dollars not fight (and miss out on millions of dollars) to help someone else?

Dana says if he pays them more they'll run the whole fight

1jvs5g.jpg

UFC, Ultimate Fucking Communism Brah! Split the revenue evenly between all 500 fighters.

Just offer to pay for 50% of fighters training camps and let them wear one sponsor.

Drastic actions will lead to drastic changes - that is a fact.

All of the fighters need to stand together and act as one - the 1% needs to join with the 99%.

What's surprising is that now that the UFC is democract owned, one would have expected that they adhere to the morals of their party by paying higher wages to their employees, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The new owners have demonstrated exactly what the Democrats have been known for, being two faced snakes. Say one thing, do another.

This argument of if you don't like it, go fight somewhere else is ridicoulous, even more so that the organization is now democrat owned. Remember "Love it or leave it"? Well that statement really triggered the dems, yet, here they are, doing the same.

But moving on..

The point here is that fighters are fighting for peanuts under the new owners of the UFC and it needs to change. You can't support a family working at Walmart, and you certainly can't support one being at the low end of the UFC pay scale.

What I propose (which is very reasonable, hear me out) is for any fighter on the UFC roster earning less than 80K a year, should receive an annual base bay of $50K with a minimum of $20K/$20K per fight - per fight raises to be determined on performance.

Only way this happens is with a fighters' union, dude.

I agree that MMA fighters deserve to make a lot more, given the risks the sport entails.

But like the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL, a fighters' union means fans pay more for pay per views. Pick your poison.

You don't get paid based on "being able to support a family", "getting hurt for a living", or any sort of arbitrary benchmark.

You get paid on the basis of your productivity.

That may or may not correspond with a certain benchmark (supporting a family, living in a house, being within X percent of the ball sports average salary, etc...).

Agree, and love the Dana Clown he was meant to be a clown :) , it would help everyone in the long term if they did a complete shutdown. SHUT IT DOWN!

You seriously think the stars give a fuck about the other fighters and vice versa?

The biggest problem I have is the ufc is the only mainstream sport outside of boxing were the athlete pays to train.

Half these guys earning 10k and 10k are paying like 15k out whether they win or lose

These guys are not colleagues who look out for each other.

Each guy only cares about himself.
They fight each other.

They can always move to Bellator or some other promotion with better pay.

Do you frequently complain about underpaid occupations, or just mma fighters?

I dont understand... you crap on democrats but then suggest something that would be more closely aligned with their beliefs...

Anyways... The pay problem with boxing and MMA is that like 12/16 people on each card don't bring in any money. The top few fights are usually the only ones that people are actively paying to see. So what you end up with is a situation where the guys at the bottom of the card are getting paid more than what they bring in and its being subsidized by the guys at the top making less so that the company still makes their desired margins.

It seems like its kinda tough to know exactly what the finances of Zuffa were and the margins that they were making because they had a bunch of shady deals with the Fertitas brothers businesses where debt was transferred between the two and management fees were paid, plus its a private company so all figures that you see online are guesses. Its not gonna get any clearer with WME, but you will most likely see them working harder to keep the margins what they are because they just paid 4 billion dollars for a company with essentially no assets to liquidate if stuff goes south.

If I were you, I wouldnt expect there to be a big fighter pay increase any time soon because these new owners need to make back that money.

Wow, TS. Great idea!

So In "Death wish 4", the guy that was shot In the head should Get the same pay as Charles Bronson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back