Where does Khabib hasn't beat anyone come from?

liddellfan90

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Haters, please help explain this logic to me. Is it simply Conor fans saying this as they know once Khabib meets Conor in the cage Conor will never have a belt again? Or are today's fans really unable to perform such basic analytics to realize that's a completely false statement? For MMAs sake I pray its the former. Lets dig a little deeper.

Starting with Abel, though he's not a highly ranked fighter he's certainly no slouch. Was on a 5 fight winning streak when Khabib dismantled him and has only lost to Ferguson since, who people claim would also beat Khabib. Definitely a solid win.

Next we visit Healy. Currently we know he is no longer among the divisions elite but at the time he was essentially on a 7 fight win streak coming off a great performance against Jim Miller. Marijuana aside, at the time this fight took place it was a great win for Khabib. Healy was never the same after.

This leads us to RDA. People tend to try to discredit this win by saying RDA wasn't the same RDA as we have today. This simply isn't true. The turning point in RDA's career was when he gained and utilized good wrestling. This was first displayed in his fight with Bocek, a good year and a half before he fought Khabib RDA was on a nice 5 fight win streak at the time of his encounter with Khabib compared to his 3 fight streak when he took the belt. Khabib decimated him.

On to Horcher. There was nothing Khabib could do about this. He wanted to fight after 2 years off. Would everyone rather he continue to not fight and wait for Ferguson so everyone can continue to complain about his inactivity? Either way he finishes Horcher to stake his claim to a title shot. Cruz is out for 3 years wins one fight goes out for another 1 1/4 years, gets a title shot and everyone loves it. Cain is out for extended periods of time every other fight and has fought 4 different opponents in the last 6 years, gets a win over Browne of all people and everyone's ready for him to dethrone Stipe or at least fight one of his usual suspects once again to get a title shot. Double standards all around.

Now we have Johnson. The one to save Conor. Southpaw, quick, solid tdd, coming off a brutal KO of Poirier. He was supposed to expose the sherdog analyzed horrible striking game of Khabib. Instead he gets beat within an inch of his life, obliterated for the world to see. Khabib even took the opportunity to invent a new style of trash talking Dana between rounds, forever elevating the game of putting asses in seats.

Looking like Ferguson is next in line to be broken and lose that 9 fight streak while Conor plans his exit strategy. Will continue to update once Ferguson gets mauled and the bodies keep piling up.

One jab at Conor fans before I go. Khabib and Conor have the same number of pro fights yet Khabib is 24-0 while Conor is 21-3. Heck Conor started his pro career 6 months earlier so he's not even more active historically speaking. They both fought many unlinkable fighters early in their careers which is expected, but at least Khabib didn't get kneebar'd by his.

Proceed to not read and complain below.

Last edited:
Is it simply Conor fans saying this as they know once Khabib gets the belt Conor will never hold it?
bingo.gif

It's quite simple, as this has been a trend for decades in the MMA community.

It comes from the fans who very well know he's the best, yet are more interested in other fighters being on top.

It's very honest and mature behavior.

It's a combination of a relative lack of top 5 wins (or even top 10) relative to his overall number of fights, which his fans like to bring up in order to champion him for a title shot.

23-0 is obviously impressive, but it definitely has to be looked at in context. Most fighters with 23 wins fighting for a title have quite a few more top notches on his belt.

That's all.

I'm a huge Khabib fan, and he couldn't do much about Horcher, I agree. He also beat the RDA that was put in front of him, I agree with that part too.

But I'm sure he padded his record and fought cans in Russia and he hasn't beaten any of the top guys other than RDA. I put this down to injury. I can understand the arguments against Khabib.

He hasn't fought in awhile and RDA was ranked 5th when they fought. How do you get a #1 ranking when the highest ranked fighter you've ever fought is 5th?

He's only got a win over one top contender.

Great record in the kiddy pool though. :D

It's not that he hasn't beat anyone, it's the idea that he is being somehow unfairly done out of a title shot and he is the most deserving contender. If Khabib got it it would be fine but he's not the clear No.1 contender to me personally because how can you be with one win over a top 5 guy two years ago? Him, Ferguson or even Barboza could all have got the next fight with Alvarez and there would be no reason to complain.

"Where does Khabib hasn't beat anyone come from?"

<{vega}>

Fair point, but if you want to compare losses to see which fighter is better ( Khabib is ahead obviously as he has not lost )

But in the interest of fairness you have to look at the complete body of work, and if you are Giving Credit for wins against Abel, and healy and considering them good wins then conors wins against Aldo, Diaz, Mendes, Poirier, Brandao, Siver and Holloway far outstrip Khabibs.

Being out 2 years is why he gets shit. Being out counts for how fans view a fighter.

Haters, please help explain this logic to me. Is it simply Conor fans saying this as they know once Khabib gets the belt Conor will never hold it? Or are today's fans really unable to perform such basic analytics to realize that's a completely false statement? For MMAs sake I pray its the former. Lets dig a little deeper.

Starting with Abel, though he's not a highly ranked fighter he's certainly no slouch. Was on a 5 fight winning streak when Khabib dismantled him and has only lost to Ferguson since, who people claim would also beat Khabib. Definitely a solid win.

Next we visit Healy. Currently we know he is no longer among the divisions elite but at the time he was essentially on a 7 fight win streak coming off a great performance against Jim Miller. Marijuana aside, at the time this fight took place it was a great win for Khabib. Healy was never the same after.

This leads us to RDA. People tend to try to discredit this win by saying RDA wasn't the same RDA as we have today. This simply isn't true. The turning point in RDA's career was when he gained and utilized good wrestling. This was first displayed in his fight with Bocek, a good year and a half before he fought Khabib RDA was on a nice 5 fight win streak at the time of his encounter with Khabib compared to his 3 fight streak when he took the belt. Khabib decimated him.

We wrap up with Horcher. There was nothing Khabib could do about this. He wanted to fight after 2 years off. Would everyone rather he continue to not fight and wait for Ferguson so everyone can continue to complain about his inactivity? Either way he finishes Horcher to claim his title shot. Cruz is out for 3 years wins one fight goes out for another 1 1/4 years, gets a title shot and everyone loves it. Cain is out for extended periods of time every other fight and has fought 4 different opponents in the last 6 years, gets a win over Browne of all people and everyone's ready for him to dethrone Stipe or at least fight one of his usual suspects once again to get a title shot. Double standards all around.

One jab at Conor fans before I go. Khabib and Conor have the same number of pro fights yet Khabib is 23-0 while Conor is 20-3. Heck Conor started his pro career 6 months earlier so he's not even more active historically speaking. They both fought many unlinkable fighters early in their careers which is expected, but at least Khabib didn't get kneebar'd by his.

Lol whats funny is that people think that Khabib is somehow Conor's kryptonite and that's why they want him as champion.

i don't see what Khabib has done to deserve a title fight over Tony or Edson. please explain how a win over the #9 LW, sitting out for 2 years, coming back and beating Horocher makes him the #1 contender??

whats funny, is that the people complaining about Conor getting a LW title shot are the same people who want Khabib to beat Eddie so he can face Conor.

People think others deserve it more not that he hasn't beaten anyone (or at least most think that). He was out for a long time while others were active beating people. Ferguson for instance comes to mind was smashing people while he was gone and RDA was a dominant champ before losing in the first round. I for one think he's up there and wouldn't think it was undeserving if he got a title shot and I'm a Conor fan. I think you're more of a hater then anything to bring in something irrelevant. Also you're retarded for trying to compare Conor's accomplishments to Khabibs considering Khabib beat one top 10 guy and Conor beat one of the GOATS in record time. Nice jab though buddy

What if I told you there was a fighter who only has one win in the past two years and that, over an unranked opponent?

That is where the arguments against khabib come from.

Haters, please help explain this logic to me. Is it simply Conor fans saying this as they know once Khabib gets the belt Conor will never hold it? Or are today's fans really unable to perform such basic analytics to realize that's a completely false statement? For MMAs sake I pray its the former. Lets dig a little deeper.

We wrap up with Horcher. There was nothing Khabib could do about this. He wanted to fight after 2 years off. Would everyone rather he continue to not fight and wait for Ferguson so everyone can continue to complain about his inactivity? Either way he finishes Horcher to claim his title shot. Cruz is out for 3 years wins one fight goes out for another 1 1/4 years, gets a title shot and everyone loves it. Cain is out for extended periods of time every other fight and has fought 4 different opponents in the last 6 years, gets a win over Browne of all people and everyone's ready for him to dethrone Stipe or at least fight one of his usual suspects once again to get a title shot. Double standards all around.

One jab at Conor fans before I go. Khabib and Conor have the same number of pro fights yet Khabib is 23-0 while Conor is 20-3. Heck Conor started his pro career 6 months earlier so he's not even more active historically speaking. They both fought many unlinkable fighters early in their careers which is expected, but at least Khabib didn't get kneebar'd by his.

Didn't read, but who is that chick in your av brah?

Back