Are palm and finger strike to the body allowed?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know its illegal to perform a finger strike due to eye pokes. But if someone who trains Diamond finger or Nukite performs a finger strike to the body, would that be legal?

Regarding Nukite/Diamond finger, they are both finger strikes. Nukite is Japanese and Diamond finger is a shaolin skill though other kung fu styles may train it and some give it exotic names.

Same with palm strikes, are you allowed to perform palm techniques? I ask because I have been boxing for many years and I am slowly dabbling in to black sand palm training and I might fight MMA once I get competent at the ground game...

I think so but enjoy breaking your fingers, no? palm strikes are alright

Lol, palm and finger strikes.. Why don't you work on your actual punches and defense, you know, stuff that actually works in high level competition.

I don't see why it would be illegal. Maybe you could just learn to make a fist.

I doubt it. If someone had really pointy fingers and trained for years to harden them then they could impale their opponent if they strike hard enough

I'm sure fingering is illegal.

Its a highly effective and legal strike, Frank Dux and later Bas Rutten used it to good effect.
6pA7v4v.gif

eNLTXi.gif

Last edited:
Lol, palm and finger strikes.. Why don't you work on your actual punches and defense, you know, stuff that actually works in high level competition.
Well, Couture was a wrestler-boxer, king of what "actually works", and was retired by a...crane kick.

Eye pokes fall under the "no eye gouging" rule. You can poke a person's body with your finger, just don't stick it inside an orifice. You can palm strike the body.

I'd like to see someone try the 5 point palm heart exploding technique in a UFC fight.

I have boxed on and off since 2007. I recently got in to old school martial arts and I saw old school Karatekas practicing Hojo Undo which is physical conditioning similar to Shaolin monks and their body conditioning methods. It works, they have incredible wrist/finger strength and the exercises have helped my wrist strength though I am still new to it.

Eye pokes fall under the "no eye gouging" rule. You can poke a person's body with your finger, just don't stick it inside an orifice. You can palm strike the body.

What about the belly button?

No palm strikes to the head?

I'd like to see someone try the 5 point palm heart exploding technique in a UFC fight.

Imagine if someone pulled that off :D. This is the only downside to unscripted real MMA, imagine if each fighter had a signature finishing move. Barboza's would be that spinning shit he killed terry etim with for one.

Back