How is Khabib ranked number 1?

ZuffaExecutive

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So i was looking at his ufc record and i have to say its very underwhelming he has beaten only 1 current top 10 guy and has only fought twice in 3 years.

So how can a guy be ranked number 1 without beating ranked guys?Is it just paper matchmaking?

If khabib gets the title shot will he be one of the most undeserving title contenders in recent memory?

Obligatory Conor Bless

So i was looking at his ufc record and i have to say its very underwhelming he has beaten only 1 current top 10 guy and has only fought twice in 3 years.

So how can a guy be ranked number 1 without beating ranked guys?Is it just paper matchmaking?

If khabib gets the title shot will he be one of the most undeserving title contenders in recent memory?

Obligatory Conor Bless
How dare u question the son of a bear Sheppard.
You+just+went+full+retard+_9697431a84481ae565936c1e1d78832d.jpg

Because he has been doing this shit right here since the age of 5
EM0D

Because he's undefeated. Not his fault that your favorite fighters can't defend their 0.

Because people make too much of someone "being undefeated."

Beating a ton of cans isn't impressive, a lot of people in other orgs have undefeated records.

Khabib's only good win is RDA before RDA hit his stride. He should be ranked #10 or something at most.

24-0. LW GOAT
That sort of thinking sure looked great when applied to Almeida too, right?

The fact is that Khabib is unbeaten against some reasonable-but-not-outstanding competition, like Healy and Trujillo, and has literally one great win in RDA - though even RDA wasn't top five when Khabib beat him. Honestly, the guy is good, but him being ranked #1 based on wins is absolutely mental. It makes no sense and is not justifiable. RDA's streak of nate Diaz, Bendo, Pettis and Cerrone is infinitely better than anything Khabib has done - Khabib being ranked over either RDA or Ferguson is insane.

The fact is that Khabib is unbeaten

The fact is that Khabib is unbeaten. Period. You need to defend your 0 so you don't become someone's leftover. The other guys were overconfident and faced too good competition too early, didn't plan their careers right or simply aren't good enough. I have no problems with the quality of Khabib's competition because in the end he achieved the goals of being undefeated and getting a title shot. It's better to have a bit lower level of competition on your resume and be undefeated than having a shitty record with some good wins here and there.

That sort of thinking sure looked great when applied to Almeida too, right?

The fact is that Khabib is unbeaten against some reasonable-but-not-outstanding competition, like Healy and Trujillo, and has literally one great win in RDA - though even RDA wasn't top five when Khabib beat him. Honestly, the guy is good, but him being ranked #1 based on wins is absolutely mental. It makes no sense and is not justifiable. RDA's streak of nate Diaz, Bendo, Pettis and Cerrone is infinitely better than anything Khabib has done - Khabib being ranked over either RDA or Ferguson is insane.

I like Khabib a lot, but I agree with this. RDA and Ferguson should both rank above him because they have been active and have better wins.

Conor fans are really mad about khabib getting the tittle shot intead of conor mctapped

The fact is that Khabib is unbeaten. Period. You need to defend your 0 so you don't become someone's leftover. The other guys were overconfident and faced too good competition too early, didn't plan their careers right or simply aren't good enough. I have no problems with the quality of Khabib's competition because in the end he achieved the goals of being undefeated and getting a title shot. It's better to have a bit lower level of competition on your resume and be undefeated than having a shitty record with some good wins here and there.
Can't say I agree, and I'd think most people who consider Fedor/GSP/Anderson GOATs, or Penn to be LW GOAT would agree either.

It's all opinion, but IMO strength of schedule easily trumps a perfect record. Undefeated is overrated.

Because he beat the number 2.

Conor fans are really mad about khabib getting the tittle shot intead of conor mctapped
I keep reading this, but I'll say to you what I say to everyone else I have encountered saying it: there are more than three people in the division. LW is not just Conor (is Conor even a LW?), Alvarez and Khabib. There were other, better options than Conor or Khabib. The UFC were insane for booking RDA/Ferguson, El Cucuy should be fighting for the belt.

Back