Who's Going to Save UFC 205?

Who's Going to Save UFC 205? (Nobody else is a star, and thus, incapable of "saving" UFC 205)

• Total voters
A

AronaBeatsJones

ufc-205-in-new-york-city_602769_OpenGraphImage.jpg

This card is getting UFC 200'd. We were anticipating the "biggest card of all time," but now we're less than two months away from the event, and there's still no marquee bout. Apparently, there's going to be a press conference on Tuesday to announce the full card, so whatever they have up their sleeve, that ball's going to drop soon. Here's the card as it looks right now:

UFC 205 MAIN CARD (Presumable)

BIG MARQUEE MAIN EVENT: ??? vs. ???
170 Title: Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
115 Title: Joanna Jedrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
135: Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
170: Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum

FS1 PRELIMS (Presumable)

145: Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
185: Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
185: Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
155: Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS (Presumable)

135: Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
170: Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you presume that Tate vs. Pennington will be on the main card? There are already 5 better fights than that, if Tate wasn't fighting a gimme then fair enough but I really can't see her being on the PPV portion, especially with her fighting style.

She probably chose to fight Pennington on the prelims rather than fight Zingano on the main card, similar to how she chose Nunes for $1.25 per PPV point rather than Holm for $1.75 per PPV point at UFC 200. The numbers I posted aren't accurate, just making an example of how the situation went.

Other: Shao Kahn vs McScrote for the Earthrealm championship of everything.

Otherwise, whatever. It's not like there haven't been any cards that lacked a main event with a lot of buzz. I guess I'll just look forward to the championship fight that's slated for the card.

Your FS1 prelims are much more satisfying than your main card.

Cerrone vs gastelum on the prelims?
I guess not. I've since found out that Miller-Alves is also confirmed for this card, meaning Cerrone-Gastelum has to be on the main card. I was expecting a bigger marquee bout.

Cris Cyborg vs CM Punk @MW.

You guys know you want to see that.

I didn't know it needed saving.

Joanna vs KK could easily headline that card and I'd be good with it. They will likely make the WW title fight as the ME, though.

At least two title fights, and a very solid card. I'm good with it. Not necessarily in the order the TS posted... but with the actual matches listed so far.

I say we shouldn't be greedy though. We got Wonderboy vs Woodley which is a top fight, and the rest of the card looks decent. The only thing bugging me is that Weidman refused to sign.

I mean how come some guys here care about PPV sales and stars all of a sudden.

Wonderboy, after he wins the title!

This card has UFC 200 written all over it. Solid from top to bottom but underwhelming considering the circumstances.

Fuel between Tyron and Wonderboy is more than enough to headline the event.

Beside that, we got our proud Straweight Champ fighting on the same PPV, which had truly show us how scary a MMA fighter can be. She got potential to surpass GSP , A. Silva and Jones as the best ever.

Its hard to imagine Rashad would be on the undercard though I actually prefer he would since that fight could either be really good or really bad. I think Miesha-Pennington will be on the prelims for sure. I really hope they put Edgar-Stephens on the main card. That'll be a really good fight. It's a really good card even if it doesn't have that million PPV draw kind of fight it's still arguably the most stacked card in UFC history and will still do well. We've definitely become spoiled as of late lol Though I was also expecting a huge fight to main event this card since it is New yorks debut after all.

What happened with The Chris vs Yoel?

Is that on a different card or what?

You add that and its solid

Dont think Tate Rocky gets to be on the Main card over Cowboy Gastelum.

And on topic, gotta be McGregor.

Back