The night Fedor simultaneously murdered Brett Rogers & his career

BloodyPoptart

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After realizing I hadn't heard a single word spoken about Brett Rogers in the past several years, (other than the occasional reference to his epic loss against Fedor), I decided to do a little web-sleuthing. Not surprisingly, it was extremely difficult to dig up news about the "former projects kid who has gotten a chance to change the fortune of his family forever"<--- Direct quote from the announcer the moment before Fedor ripped his head off.

tumblr_m6374gKtpb1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Eventually I had to look up his twitter account because it seems like the only person interested in Brett "Da Grim" Rogers is himself, and obviously, me.

As a lifelong Fedor fan I like to check up on his many victims from time to time. On Brett's twitter, he announced to his whopping 1,400 followers that he would be fighting Sergey Shemetov in Russia on may 21st, 2016.

623904dc48.png

I couldn't find ANY references to this bout on google and eventually searched youtube. Though the title of the video is in Russian, it was below an English titled hype video labeled "Shemetov vs. Rogers".

As much as I wanted to see a repeat of what was possibly Fedor's most powerful blow ever, Rogers ended up knocking out his opponent who--like Brett-- tends to completely forget to keep his hands up during a fight. Putting Rogers back in the projects with a move straight out of Dragonball Z-- a leaping punch that contained the full fury of the Russian people-- the world was just fortunate enough to witness the reality of what actually happens when a common-man attempts to topple an emperor in the ring. Having watched this bout live on Strikeforce I can honestly say that just the SOUND that this shot made-- a sound that I imagine is similar to a body hitting concrete from 10+ stories-- puts it high up on my list of greatest knockouts ever.

goku-punches-frieza-o.gif

Regardless of the fact that it was delivered by arguably the best fighter ever upon a nobody, this KO was Fedor's final gift to the mma world. Just the fact that we got to see what kind of force he could unleash using 100% of his power before he got too old puts it at the top of my list. Poor guy never knew what hit him, and little did "Da Grim" know, his career also got KO'd.

Fedor-Emelianenko-1.jpg

Last edited:
Rogers whooped Fedor on the ground tho. Can you imagine what Brock Lesnar would have done to him?

Yet overoid fans count Brett as his best hW win..

That crowd was so quiet when Rogers won. If you know anything about the mentality in Russia, it's not very difficult to understand why.

You a hater Roger!

Now do one about Werdum.

I remember Rogers lighting up Fedor's face.

Amazing that Rogers wasn't out cold completely stiff with his toes curled. Crazy fight.

A thread in the UFC forum about two guys who never fought in the UFC.

Yes the Rogers Fight was great and the KO was vicious.
GOAT!

This just reminded me that Brett knocked out arlovski. Also, Brett vs Fedor was a great fight. I gave Rogers the first round. I'm glad to see Brett is still around & winning. They should bring him to the ufc & put him against Derrick Lewis.

Id say his kicking the shit outta his wife ended his career more than a loss to a legit all time great

I feel like Tim Sylvia was the last time Fedor looked excellent. After that it seems like he got much sloppier and became a straight up headhunter.

Fedor was so dangerous and deadly when he mixed his punches and his throws, then threw down some ferocious GnP.

Not that he didn't have big KO's before Timmeh, its just that after the Sylvia fight he seemed to always be looking for the big KO.

Back