Anthony Bourdain was lying or Joking about Joe Rogan's BJJ

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
You Rogan haters look really dumb now spewing your nonsense without hearing from both sides,

Joe's response on the UG http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/joe-rogan-answers-bourdains-hes-a-neck-cranker-claims/

"I saw that Bourdain posted that and I have to assume he’s joking around since we’ve never rolled and I haven’t rolled with anyone in over a year. I did his show a few months ago and we talked technique and I showed him the Japanese necktie from the darce set up because I thought it would work for him since he’s got really long arms. I certainly didn’t hurt him nor would I ever if we did roll. I haven’t posted here in forever but I thought this one probably merits my input."

"Another thing that I think is important to bring up is that rolling light is really important. I know Bourdain was joking around but since the subject has been put out there drilling and rolling light are probably the two most important things develop your overall Jiu Jitsu game."

200w.gif

I still wanna see Rogan vs Palhares roll for the international geodude looking motherfucker belt

"Another thing that I think is important to bring up is that rolling light is really important. I know Bourdain was joking around but since the subject has been put out there drilling and rolling light are probably the two most important things develop your overall Jiu Jitsu game."

For a while now, Joe has often extolled the virtues of bjj, the best being that "you can go 100%."

I'm sure he's toned it down since he's gotten older, but I wouldn't be surprised if he squeezes a little too hard here and there.

Joe doesn't try to assert his dominance when around his step daughter's black father / wife's previous fling. He knows his place there

His step daughter's dad died a long time ago in a car crash...

Well he performed the technique harshly then, this isn't a coincidence lol. Remember that UFC japanese fighter that said he rolled with Rogan and it was very competitive, tapped Rogan and Rogan seemed very pissed after that. And then the video of Rogan performing the necktie on the alpha male guy and it seemed like it hurt his neck, I can only imagine what it does to an 40+ yr old ordinary guy.

Rogans full of bs

He's the guy in the gym who midget wrestles for top position and uses cranks.

You Rogan haters look really dumb now spewing your nonsense without hearing from both sides,

Joe's response on the UG http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/joe-rogan-answers-bourdains-hes-a-neck-cranker-claims/

"I saw that Bourdain posted that and I have to assume he’s joking around since we’ve never rolled and I haven’t rolled with anyone in over a year. I did his show a few months ago and we talked technique and I showed him the Japanese necktie from the darce set up because I thought it would work for him since he’s got really long arms. I certainly didn’t hurt him nor would I ever if we did roll. I haven’t posted here in forever but I thought this one probably merits my input."

You seem overly invested.

Rogan's never at fault for anything in his life lol. Just like when he said that Hyun Gyu Lim was lying about Joe getting upset for getting tapped by him.

No doubt a threatening message was sent to Bourdain before this was posted.

Joe doesn't try to assert his dominance when around his step daughter's black father / wife's previous fling. He knows his place there

srsly man, if your purpose in life is to spend your time posting shit like this... god help you.

Fuck off and stop making this forum worse than it already is...

The first time I rolled with a guy way stronger than me, we were doing an arm bar drill where you let the person throw you in an arm bar. He would do 5 on one arm, then I would, then switch arms. We did it 5 times to each arm. All very light and very slow. He let go the instant that I tapped, as we were letting each other do it, so you were anticipating the tap. I felt fine that night, and the dude was completely cool about it and didn't crank hard at all. The next day my arm(right between the biceps and inside of elbow) felt like I got hit with a fucking baseball bat. It's like lifting weights or anything else, when your body isn't used to it, it fucking hurts. This might be a situation like that, where Rogan didn't go too hard, but Bourdnine or whatever just wasn't used to his neck being put in that position, so it hurt like hell. End of semi-rant.

Last edited:
Coleman mellowed him out.

Back