Askren

jrobinson67

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot. and before any of you dipshits chime in. i have been a fan a long time. It is a shame that Dana does not look at MMA and try to cultivate and support the best possible fighters. Funky has been on a long win streak and if he never fights in the UFC we the fans will be cheated of a possible Goat. oh well i know all you people will say "blanket" my answer to that is "GET UP"

35508295.jpg

Singapore has him now. He'll never prove himself against top level WWs and will retire as the guy who might have been but didn't prove anything beyond he could beat cans in Asia. Accept and move on.

Lombard was on a long streak as well.

We see where that got him in the ufc.

Yeah, we as fans got robbed as a guy who likely would have been a constant contender at WW

Fight starts at around 2:30, ends at around 4:45. No idea how people think this guy can clean house in the WW division.

TS calls other posters dipshits before they even get a chance to respond....will cry when he gets smart ass replies.

Lombard was on a long streak as well.

We see where that got him in the ufc.
different style of fighters and most importantly Hector is not the best at his craft. Askren is no doubt one of the greatest grapplers in several decades. Oh well everyone loves connor's bs. I would love to see the fight it would be laughable....

Possible goats a pretty big stretch........ he could give some top guys problems but the last fight of his I remember watching some Brazilian guy was stuffing his shots and even hip tossed him before it ended in dq.

Askren is such a living irony, it's not even funny:

He must be commanded for refusing to be low-balled by the UFC. At the same time, he must be vilified for going to fight unknowns in an unknown promotion who doesn't even broadcast in America.

If his ultimate goal is money, he's taking the faster route but losing a big chunk of "potential money" in the process. Let me explain: if he had signed a entering UFC contract (let's say 8k/8k) back in 2013, he could very well be in line for a UFC title shot (if not already champion) and earning big money. That only happens if Ben Askren considers Ben Askren to be the best fighter in the world.

He obviously doesn't because instead, he decided to sign with ONE, a fight promotion that doesn't have ONE top 10 ranked fighter in its ranks. I'm not talking about top 10 WW, I'm talking about overall top 10 fighter. There are none in ONE FC. Not. One.

That's the irony. A fighter who considers himself to be the best in the world should not be low-balled money wise. But he should not go fight cans on the other side of the world just for a paycheck either.

Ask yourself: what will be Ben Askren's legacy once he's done?

He will have nONE...

Fight starts at around 2:30, ends at around 4:45. No idea how people think this guy can clean house in the WW division.

last i checked that fight was to go 25 minutes. Santos had no chance of lasting 10 minutes
Possible goats a pretty big stretch........ he could give some top guys problems but the last fight of his I remember watching some Brazilian guy was stuffing his shots and even hip tossed him before it ended in dq.
did you see what Andrey Koreskov did to Benson Henderson? askren kicked the shit out of him

- Gets paid by ONEFC to fight.
- Gets paid by ONEFC to coach.

So, he gets fight money and a salary from ONEFC.

Plus, doesn't he also have an apartment in Singapore covered when he is coaching/training there?

Not a bad plan.

different style of fighters and most importantly Hector is not the best at his craft. Askren is no doubt one of the greatest grapplers in several decades. Oh well everyone loves connor's bs. I would love to see the fight it would be laughable....
I like how you used "grappler" there instead of fighter. And where does his grappling accolades come from? Do they come from dominating top fighters in MMA? No, all his accolades come from another sport, where he doesn't have to consider strikes at all.

Yes, we have seen Ben Askren dominate top wrestlers in wrestling. Multiple times. But we have never seen Ben Askren face a top 10 MMA fighter. There is no telling how his "greatest grappling in several decades" would fare against a guy who can punch him hard on the ground. We don't know how he would fare against a guy with stellar TD defense.

All of Askren MMA accomplishments are based on speculation and transferal of his wrestling accolades to MMA.

last i checked that fight was to go 25 minutes. Santos had no chance of lasting 10 minutes

did you see what Andrey Koreskov did to Benson Henderson? askren kicked the shit out of him
Sure it is possible that Askren would have worn down Luis"GOAT WelterWeight" Santos after 10 minutes of shooting for takedowns from 10 feet away, and then pushing him against the cage. I am just saying that his obvious fear of striking, mixed with getting tossed around like child by someone that most people have never heard of, doesn't bode well for him destroying the most elite WW's in the world. And Benson has never done anything at WW to make beating the guy that beat Benson matter.

Last edited:
He's awesome but I've given up hope him ever coming to the ufc. No point in even talking about it, really. He's fun to watch though

this was the first fight i ever watched of his, and i was saying the same thing you are.

Back