If Edgar had been given wins over Benson

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
He could have still possibly been the champ at Lightweight right now.

He would have fought Pettis, most likely wrestle-fucked him to a UD, and its really a toss up between Edgar vs RDA or Alvarez.

The only real problem I see for him out of LWs in recent years is Cerrone. Terrible match up for him imo.

Also, I thought Benson vs Edgar 1 was a draw and that Edgar won 3, maybe 4 of the rounds in their second fight.

If chuck never lost he would still be champ. Real talk.

Over.

I agree he would beat Pettis, but RDA would beat Edgar like he owed him money. And I'm a huge Frankie fan.

If he wouldn't have thrown his hat and threw a fit like a baby, maybe he'd have more fans.

Maybe if Edgar was still champ Aldo would have moved up in weight and beat him anyways. Twice.

"49-47 Diaz"

I assume you're talking about Diaz-Condit? Yeah, I thought Nick clearly won. Or maybe Diaz-Silva? Some of those rounds were close so maybe.

RDA vs Frankie Edgar?

49220701.jpg

But yeah Frankie would school Gilbert and Pettis.

He'd never fight Alvarez though

I think RDA would've beat him pretty convincingly. His style would be very tough for Frankie to deal with. He has all the skills to beat Frankie but his biggest advantage is his power/overall strength. He would outmuscle Frankie and would land the more significant shots on the feet and take the decision, but I actually wouldn't count out a KO/TKO for RDA either. Frankie has a great chin and amazing recovery, but so does Bendo and he got KTFO by RDA pretty damn easily, those shots would've put down pretty much anybody, I think Frankie wouldn't get up after that.

Out of everybody at LW, RDA is that one guy that I think would truly beat Edgar. He might even beat him more dominantly than Aldo did in the rematch because of his killer instinct. RDA is a bad fight for Frankie IMO. Can Frankie win? sure, but it'd be very, very close - if RDA were to win, it likely wouldn't be that close.. at all. RDA is a fucking monster, too skilled and powerful for little Frankie. The LW division is a whole different world now compared to what it was when Frankie was on top.

I can see Frankie definitely beating Pettis convincingly, but I think Melendez would be a close one. Frankie/Giblert, to me, is one of those fights that would be razor close and no matter who gets the decision, it would make sense simply because it was that close. Yeah, I may be wrong but stylistically, Giblert/Frankie match up extremely well and I think Giblert would give Frankie a very tough fight, I think it'd be one of Frankie's toughest fights to take on at LW if he were to return there. I expect many to disagree, but it's whatever, just my opinion, homies.

He'd never fight Alvarez though

Which sucks because Edgar/Alvarez would be such a great fight.

I could see a fight between those two being like an instant classic, some GOAT level war shit.

Now I'm a little upset because we'll never see it (for obvious reasons) just like you said. Shit.. I never thought about this fight before until you mentioned it here - the way they match up with their styles and such, that's like some dream fight shit for me now, just like prime Thiago Alves vs. Paul Daley during his UFC run.

Last edited:
if bj had been given the win over gsp in the first fight....

if bj had been given the win over edgar in the first fight....

Big Edgar fan and yes he should have gotten the decision in the 2nd Benson fight but the 1st fight was a clear win for Benson. Also, RDA vs Edgar would be a phenomenal fight and I would probably give the edge to RDA.

GSP and Edgar clearly won those fights though

"49-47 Diaz"

I assume you're talking about Diaz-Condit? Yeah, I thought Nick clearly won. Or maybe Diaz-Silva? Some of those rounds were close so maybe.
Condit beat Nick
Nick beat Silva
Nate beat Conor

Last edited:

Bj still got the title shot against hughes and lost. And would have still gone down to lw, would have challenged gsp and quit again.

Frankie got out of the 155lb division at the right time.

When you look at the physicality, athleticism and size of the guys in the division after his run as champion, you realize he wouldn't be able to hang.

You telling me Frankie is beating Rafael or Ferg? I just don't see it. He'd easily still be in the top 10 though.

Also, you mention the Bendo decisions, Frankie clearly lost the first one.

Back