MMA fighters are here to fight for title or money??

wtkace**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nowadays, there are more fighters who demand money more than the status of being the best fighters in the world, is that a good trend?

To me, it hurts the sport terribly.

We use to have GSP, A. Silva & Jones as the GOAT of their respective division, but now.........just a bunch of coward trying to avoid the no.1 contender and use big money fight as an excuse.

I guess it depends how good they are. No fighter wants to go around dreaming about being champ if he's nowhere near it or ever will be.

As a fan, I'd much rather see fights that make sense.

But I can't blame the fighters themselves for demanding more money. The UFC pays like shit and this is their job after all.

Both, naturally. Fighting is important. The prize is equally important.

Would you rather get an employee of the month award or a big fat paycheck?

Id say bolth. More money dollars is an automatic consequence of being champy mcchampface. The longer the reign the fuller the pockets.

If you see a guy fighting on TV, they fight for money. I know martial artists, they have regular jobs when not training.

Nowadays, there are more fighters who demand money more than the status of being the best fighters in the world, is that a good trend?

To me, it hurts the sport terribly.

We use to have GSP, A. Silva & Jones as the GOAT of their respective division, but now.........just a bunch of coward trying to avoid the no.1 contender and use big money fight as an excuse.

In boxing, title=money even if it's a new made up title.

I mean what do you expect this is their job. They have fucking kids and families. I get that in some cases like Mcrgregor it becomes a bit over the top, but hes the Tom Brady, hes the 1%. A lot of guys get 10k/10k contracts, and have to be constantly fighting and training to make a decent living. And the reality is, this is a blood sport. If you break your arm and youre out for 2 years, and dont come back in "ufc" condition, then your career is as good as dead.

In comparison to other sports, where guys get contracts of around 500k for even to most underperforming players on an NBA team (per year), MMA fighters are generally hugely underpayed. The thing to keep in mind is yes, the NBA puts on more shows, so of course theirs so discrepency. But 10-50k that 90-95% of UFC fighters make is hardly enough to support yourself.

You got to realize that most fighters are done fighting by the age of 40. Where does that leave them after fighting? They need as much $$ as possible.

This used to be a sport where dudes off the street that have some kind of fighting experience already do it for fun, but the sports changed and its a profession that requires serious commitment now. But the pay has stayed the same

Would you rather own a house and put your kids through college or own a shiny oversized belt?

As a fan, we should make the best fight possible the money fight by supporting it.

As a fighter, theys hould want to make as much money as possible. We shouldn't let them do that at the cost of sport.

machida was the last to fight to test his skills and nothing more.

A guy who receive pacy check > 15k per fight is earning more than the rest of us, besides that we are excluding the bonus that they earn.

it shouldn't be exclusive. they ought to be paid as handsomely as they fight. there's no point literally shedding sweat and blood for peanuts. a fair day's pay for a fair day's fight.

Back