Dan Henderson talks about his title fight, throwing another H-Bomb and retirement.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
How he got the fight with Bisping

"They [UFC] had called me and said that they were considering it [the fight with Bisping] and within a couple of weeks, maybe at the end of June or something like that, they had told me that, and I said absolutely I would do it,

I was obviously surprised, but happy to hear about that, Yeah, I didn't even think they would consider it, even though there was so many fans out there asking for it, so I'm just happy that it got put together."

Fighting in the UK

"No, it really doesn't bother me at all, The fight happens in an octagon, the same one I'm used to train in. Everything else is just distractions that don't really matter."

Will he ever throw another H-Bomb on Bisping again.

"It's more than likely, I did it before I fought him, against Wanderlei, and maybe one or two other guys, just to make sure they're done. It's the quickest way I know how to get from point A to point B, to jump on them. I'll absolutely finish up with a punch or two if I knock him down, to make sure the fight is over. There is no ill will there, you know. I don't wish him any permanent harm or anything, I just want to make sure that I win the fight."

Would he come out of retirement.

"I'm sure with a few extra zeros back there I would consider coming back, But, at the same time, I was ready to be done [in] my last fight. With the opportunity to finish with a belt and be the world champ at the end of my career, I couldn't say no to that. When they offered me that, I told them that this will be my last one for sure, win or lose."

https://champions.co/p/dan-henderson-consider-fighting-few-extra-zeros-paycheck-ufc-204/4099705

Just thinking about Hendo winning makes me smile.

All the haters for this fight would be in hiding if that happened..
Would be imo one of the best moments in MMA history. A legend like Dan retiring at 40 whatever years old with a belt?

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

One more time...

giphy.gif

You're not throwing anything, buddeh, believe you me.

#AndStill

Just thinking about Hendo winning makes me smile.

All the haters for this fight would be in hiding if that happened..
Would be imo one of the best moments in MMA history. A legend like Dan retiring at 40 whatever years old with a belt?
It would be pretty marvelous and an emotional moment for many old school fans. I love that it's happening.

but let's be real for a second, It really should NOT be happening.

Here's hoping he knocks Bisping's other retina into Bolivian.

It would be pretty marvelous and an emotional moment for many old school fans. I love that it's happening.

I completely agree if I didn't want Hendo to win I'd be pissed, usually dislike unwarranted title shots.

Bisping is going to try to kill Hendo for that lol

Can't blame the guy. That was one of the most memorable knockouts ever. We know our boy Bisping has an ego and Hendo literally knocked it out of him and it was pretty embarrassing.

It absolutely should be. People are so stuck on being by the books and precise.

Sometimes situations supersede being by the book. Hendo is a legend. Previous achievements do have weight in a fighters career. Former champions and guys that fight top tier competition don't have to win 6 in a row and prove they deserve a shot. They've already proven they are worthy with their prior work. A couple wins shoots ANY former champ within contention/title shot.

Hendo even surpasses that with his years of service to this sport. This man deserves one last crack at UFC gold before he closes this chapter in his life. All the other guys crying for a shot with half of what Hendo has done in this sport can wait for this old lion to ride off in to the sunset.

Besides, the Count also deserves a chance to redeem his most haunting loss. If Hendo retired, Bisping would never get that. This is perfect for both guys to taste something they've both longed for.

Both fighters have fought tooth and nail for this chance. Give it to them.

I bet Dan wins and then doesn't retire. Gets real annoying and Elvis fat, refuses to leave until he's forced out and signs with Belator.

I'd make that bet, be happy to lose it though.

Back