Khabib Nurmagomedov - Is He The Greatest Talent in the UFC?

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Didn't DC and Cain say this before?

Can it be true?

Nurmagomedov, Khabib (RUS)
- 23-0 record in MMA (7 knockouts, 8 submissions)
- 6-0 record in UFC
- Judo black belt
- 2012 NAGA Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion (Black Belt Division)
- Russian National Level In Freestyle Wrestling
- 2x Combat Sambo World Champion
- Combat Sambo Russian National Champion
- European Pankration Champion
- European Army Champion in Hand-to-Hand Combat
- International Master of Sports in Sambo
- International Master of Sports in Pankration
- International Master of Sports in Hand-to-Hand Combat

Khabib began wrestling at the age of 5 with his father, who was a Sambo Champion and Judo black belt under Olympic Gold Medalist, Vladimir Nevzorov.

He was taken in by fighter Shamil "The Lion Of Dagestan" Zavurov at an early age, who helped raise and train him. He developed cauliflower ear before the age of 10 and was often put to wrestle with young Grizzly Bears as part of his Wrestling regimen.

Young Khabib with his trainer Shamil "The Lion Of Dagestan" Zavurov (29-4)
L78-k6_OI_0.jpg

q_Q6wofrLUs.jpg

He broke George St. Pierre's the record for most takedowns in a single fight. He still holds this record.

Khabib trains at two camps in the US and in Russia: AKA and Red Fury Fight Team. He usually trains off-season in the mountains of Dagestan and begins his training camp at Red Fury Fight Team in Russia. He finishes the final few weeks at AKA with his main training partners, Daniel Cormier, Cain Velasquez and Luke Rockhold.

Khabib holds 7 knockouts and 8 submission wins, making him a very well rounded fighter. He has also outgrappled every Jiu-Jitsu black belt he has fought and often wears the shirt that mocks Jiu-Jitsu and says it is easy in comparison to Sambo.

Last edited:
I don't know about the 'whole UFC' but I think he's definitely the best LW in the world atm.

Ummmm, let's see his standing front flip before we get ahead of ourselves.

Only because Jon Jones, the PED guy he is, is still the greatest raw talent period, no.

But he is currently the best fighter to not be a champion and that will change soon.

Ramadan bless

Too bad everybody is ducking him. Alvarez, Cerrone, Ferguson, Conor, all want no part of him. Thankfully, Dana will make him champ

Like asking is sages hair spikey.

Obvious answer here folks.

So that's the definition of talent these days - mauling RDA. Good to know.

Dos Anjos was not in the top 5 when he fought Kebab.

RDA won the LW belt literally months after he lost to Khabib... because Khabib got injured when he was supposed to fight Pettis, and RDA replaced him.

Khabib is the true king.

I wanna see him in more fights against top guys. I also wanna see if he's able to avoid injury before said fights.

He is pretty good so far but he hasn't fought many ppl worth a damn to know how good he is.

Hopefully he will fight some more top guys soon and we will find out.

Yes. K-Bear 4 Life!

Back