Will Dangerous Dan ride off into the sunset?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Dan Henderson is such a fucking throwback
Debuted in '97, one of the most decorated fighters to never hold UFC gold

I know the match up is absolute bullshit, but the old school "Pride" fan in me loves this fight for some reason. For one, Michael Bisping is probably the only top 5 guy at MW or LHW that I'd ever favor this current iteration of Hendo against and two, if he wins it'll be a great in cage moment and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

What say you Sherdog,

Does Hollywood get it done in style and complete his resume with UFC gold?

I know the match up is absolute bullshit, but the old school "Pride" fan in me loves this fight for some reason. For one, Michael Bisping is probably the only top 5 guy at MW or LHW that I'd ever favor this current iteration of Hendo against and two, if he wins it'll be a great in cage moment and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

What say you Sherdog,

I like both fighters quite a bit, but I've always had a soft spot for underdogs. Kind of hoping Henderson pulls it out and goes out champ, but will be just as happy for Bisping, too. Michael's paid his dues, as well, so seeing him keep the belt isn't a bad thing, either. Really fun match-up, even if it isn't supposed to happen.

I don't think so but you can never count him out.

His resume and duration are unparalleled. He reminds me of Cal Ripken in a lot of ways.

Or the polka dot jersey in the Tour.

Winning against Bisping would be true fairy tale.

But Busping is on his own fairy tale run right now too.

I'm all confused inside. I think I'm not going to wish one to win, just going to be happy for the winner.

Bisping by TKO inside 2 minutes

Most really want to see it happen, but wouldn't bet on it.

But if it does happen, it'll be the most awesome MMA moment since Couture/Sylvia.

Short answer - yes

Long answer - fuck yes

I wouldn't mind it...
riding_into_the_sunset.png

I like both fighters quite a bit, but I've always had a soft spot for underdogs. Kind of hoping Henderson pulls it out and goes out champ, but will be just as happy for Bisping, too. Michael's paid his dues, as well, so seeing him keep the belt isn't a bad thing, either. Really fun match-up, even if it isn't supposed to happen.

I fully agree

I like Bisping a lot as well, I'd be happy with either guy winning. But it feels like Dan getting it done would be special
Its so rare that guys have "good" retirements in MMA, usually dudes fall off super hard and its just sad to watch. Even though Hendo has had pitfalls, we haven't seen him fall off a cliff or anything - not like Randy or Chuck or even Anderson. Even though he's been stopped it's by Vitor and Mousasi two dudes who pretty much are built to swarm him

I think the best retiring moment in MMA that immediately comes to mind is probably Chris Lytle, who I also love. I guess Bas, but he was injured and kind of forced to

But I'd love to see an elite old school guy go out on top, and even though this is a bullshit fight Michael is the legit champ and would be a legit win

Last edited:
In a bad way?

Unfortunately Mike takes this fight.

On the good side he's screwed in the next fight.

TRT might have something to do with his longevity.

Also Decision Dan could ride off maybe.

I just hope the fight delivers Hendo/Shogun 1 style epic scrap... Though quite doubtful.

I love the fight even though I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, there is definitely a chance Dan lands the overhand and gets to retire in style. Regardless though his career has been awesome and he is one of the greats for sure.

If he does take the belt and retire with it I would really like to see the UFC do a MW tournament.

What say you Sherdog,

I know Dan is a legend and stuff, and I like the guy as a fighter... but on top of the fact that he doesn´t deserve the shot, I don´t want him to win because of all the extra brain damage he unnecessarily caused to some of his co-workers like Bisping and Lombard, 2 recent examples.... I prefer the Machida vs Munoz kinda attitude. Just my opinion... cheers.

I fully agree

I like Bisping a lot as well, I'd be happy with either guy winning. But it feels like Dan getting it done would be special
Its so rare that guys have "good" retirements in MMA, usually dudes fall off super hard and its just sad to watch. Even though Hendo has had pitfalls, we haven't seen him fall off a cliff or anything - not like Randy or Chuck or even Anderson. Even though he's been stopped it's by Vitor and Mousasi two dudes who pretty much are built to swarm him

I think the best retiring moment in MMA that immediately comes to mind is probably Chris Lytle, who I also love. I guess Bas, but he was injured and kind of forced to

But I'd love to see an elite old school guy go out on top, and even though this is a bullshit fight Michael is the legit champ and would be a legit win

Agree. Win or lose, I hope the UFC finds a spot for Henderson in the front office. He hinted at wanting that in his Lombard post-fight presser. He's the perfect representative to go out and promote the UFC brand at these media events. If the UFC doesn't have an opening, they probably need to create one. Scott Coker will not mind snatching him up and finding a smart way to use his services.

Back