Does anyone else think Pettis/Aloe Vera was a much better fight than JLau/Jim?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Just hewatched both

Both good fights but Pettis/Aloe Vera was better in every aspect, gurappling, sturiking, near finishes, momentum shifts, heart by both, much better technique on display standing and on ground, a slick transition finish etc.

JLau mostly got lit up in the standup, on the ground he maintained some control and in the end got mount and an armbar attempt but the gurappling in Pettis/Aloe Vera was FAARRR better, not even remotely close ITO entertainment or skill/technique

They were both awesome fights, but yeah Pettis/Oliviera was easily the better fight. Lauzon got robbed btw.

Pettis vs Oliveira was definitely more entertaining in my opinion.

Easily

Near finishes, more tension, way better scrambles, more back and forth on the ground, and a highlight reel finish.

They were both awesome fights, but yeah Pettis/Oliviera was easily the better fight. Lauzon got robbed btw.
Watching it live I thought Miller won, I thought he landed better strikes. Haven't rewatched it though.
I don't think you could call a close fight like that a robbery

I agree, also Pettis deserved POTN bonus, c'mon subbing Aloe Vera after all those back takes, it was impressive as shit.
I think Anthony looked as flawed as ever on the feet, but damn he's a dangerous scrambler, and his fundamental BJJ looked awesome.

the gurapelling and the sturiking made all the difference

Yeah, I personally preferred Petts/Oliveira much more. I actually stopped watching Lauzon/Miller 2 at multiple points throughout the fight.

Vera hasn't fight in years, what you talking about Willis?

Back