Yair vs. Showtime

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
5 round FS1 card main event, make it happen! I believe it would be rather entertaining, what say you?

More like boner time
Amirite

More like boner time
Amirite
giphy.gif

Yair has a ton of promise, but at this point in his career Pretty Tony would murder him.

Last edited:
Yair has a ton of promise, but at this point in his career Petty Tony would murder him.
I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see yair airflare (google it) kick Pettis head clean off

Not a good match for Yair in my opinion and I don't think the UFC would risk his stardom against a veteran

I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see yair airflare (google it) kick Pettis head clean off
Nah. People seem to think that Yair is some sort of KO machine because of all his crazy kicks. Dude has knocked out 2 people, and Pettis has never been finished. Pettis wrecks him.

All that spinning shit and no fundamentals for either guy.

Nah. People seem to think that Yair is some sort of KO machine because of all his crazy kicks. Dude has knocked out 2 people, and Pettis has never been finished. Pettis wrecks him.
Screw you and your "facts"

How are you even a black belt? Pettis has great kicking technique. He also has a nasty submission game. It's Yair who's vastly overrated and is mostly all flash.

What bullshit is that, both guys have solid fundamentals. You can't throw like that without high level technique. Yair throws with reckless abandon, sure, but his technique is spot on. Half the roster can't even throw Yair-level combos in the gym.

Yair vs CM Punk would be more fun to watch. Bicycle kick KO

How are you even a black belt? Pettis has great kicking technique. He also has a nasty submission game. It's Yair who's vastly overrated and is mostly all flash.

Yet he got his ass thoroughly beat by guys with real fundamentals like RDA and Barboza. He's got great kicking technique but what's kicking when you're getting pressured against the fence all the time.

The results speak for themselves.

What bullshit is that, both guys have solid fundamentals. You can't throw like that without high level technique. Yair throws with reckless abandon, sure, but his technique is spot on. Half the roster can't even throw Yair-level combos in the gym.

I don't know what to say to this. I can't hang out on this forum anymore you guys don't know anything.

Yet he got his ass thoroughly beat by guys with real fundamentals like RDA and Barboza. He's got great kicking technique but what's kicking when you're getting pressured against the fence all the time.

I don't know what to say to this. I can't hang out on this forum anymore you guys don't know anything.

How are you going to acknowledge his skill then contradict yourself by saying it doesn't matter when he's being pressured? It's either he has or doesn't have great technique. He does. But his ability to measure distance and utilize movement has decreased dramatically.

Yair throws crazier stuff.
But Pettis have actually landed clean some o his fantasies.
Either way, Pettis smashes him unless Yair suddenly learns to pressure and not give space.

Both guys rely on athleticism and all their moves require a lot of energy. Once they lose that spring in their step which eventually happens to everyone as time defeats everyone, what then?

Why has Tim Duncan played in the NBA for so long? He was mr fundamental. His knees weren't blown out from trying to dunk all the time.

Pettis was dead ass tired against Oliveira. I never said he was a bad fighter like you're trying to insinuate.

Thank you.

Another sane person that posts here.

You were referring to "spinning shit" with no fundamentals, so we were talking about striking technique, weren't we? don't try to divert this towards grappling fundamentals.

As long as we're talking striking fundamentals you've got no business talking to me, can't imagine you've trained more in Long Beach ;)

Back