UFC Vancouver had the lowest ratings in the history of the series.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
The card, which was headlined by Demian Maia and Carlos Condit, did a 1.2 rating and 1,983,000 viewers. The show was previously reported as doing 2.22 million viewers on the overnights but, as noted at the time, that was a rating for the FOX network in prime time, which didn't include the UFC show on the West Coast and was boosted by ratings in 15 markets that aired NFL preseason games instead of the UFC show.

In those 15 markets, the UFC show either aired on a tape delay later in the weekend, or on another station in the market.

The previous low mark for a UFC on FOX show was 2.38 million viewers for the July 27, 2013, flyweight title fight where Demetrious Johnson retained his title over John Moraga.Because of the preemptions and time slot changes, it's not really a fair comparison to any of the other UFC events on FOX.The show was also hurt by the main event only lasting 1:52, meaning it ended just before 10pm. UFC on FOX shows traditionally do their best numbers after 10pm, and the longer the main event goes, in almost all cases, the better it is for the ratings.

On last month's FOX show, the Holly Holm-Valentina Shevchenko fight went a full five rounds and did unusually high numbers, which boosted the entire show average by 11 percent. That show did the best summer numbers the UFC has ever done on FOX with a 1.8 rating and 2,975,000 viewers.

The peak rating for Saturday's show was 2,207,000 viewers for Anthony Pettis's win over Charles Oliveira.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...-badly-by-preemptions-does-record-low-numbers

It wasn't very good from a names perspective and I say that even with Condit as my favorite fighter.

Rumble vs. Tex would've pulled great numbers.

You kind of jolly rogered that headline. Did you just copy/paste that information or actually read it? You explain why yourself, the NFL was still on in a lot of markets. Duh.

Well, people missed a good show.

I found all four of the main card fights stellar. Particularly Pettis-Oliveira, that was a good fight.

I saw it live and there were lots (and I mean lots) of empty seats.

I saw it live and there were lots (and I mean lots) of empty seats.

Agreed. I was there live too. Empty seats just everywhere. I got $100 tickets for $40 bucks on the morning of fight day. Kinda sad but it's good to see the scalpers get fucked over.

It was a decently entertaining card though. But it's pretty sad how they give a huge mma market like Vancouver such a shitty card on paper. I doubt they'll be back anytime soon.

Agreed. I was there live too. Empty seats just everywhere. I got $100 tickets for $40 bucks on the morning of fight day. Kinda sad but it's good to see the scalpers get fucked over.

It was a decently entertaining card though. But it's pretty sad how they give a huge mma market like Vancouver such a shitty card on paper. I doubt they'll be back anytime soon.
I should have looked to scalpers - i ended up with 50$ cheap seats (I happened to be in Vancouver over the weekend).

Calgary has been fuk'd over as well - that card they did a few years back stank and it was promised they'd make it up.

And the card was pretty good but no big names or freak show fights to bring in ultra casuals.

As long as the UFC stays profitable thats all that matters

Never understood why mma fans care about this other than just bored and got nothing else to do...but whateva

The fact that they didn't even fucking show it on TV here (or some other places, it seems, reading the forums last week) didn't help their cause any...

Never understood why mma fans care about this other than just bored and got nothing else to do...but whateva
Lol what ?

Its an interesting statistic in regards to popularity

We're not all just bleed cavemen, some of us are capable of having a tiny amount of interest in a statistic like this.... jeez

The fact that they didn't even fucking show it on TV here (or some other places, it seems, reading the forums last week) didn't help their cause any...
Because the card was weak as fuck

Good main event and co main but it felt like a UFN really

It was a weird time as well. Started so early (in regards to why it was possibly so dead in the area).

I thought it was kind of odd that they didn't put any Canadians on the Main card. Id assume that's usually a pretty big selling point when going to other countries. I know they can't get GSP or anything, but 0 Canadians on a Canada card, that just seems like a stupid PR move.

Kinda stupid, main card had pretty fun fight and they all delivered.Condit, Rumble, Lauzon, Miller are all well known fighters. Plus WMMA fight for ladies to tune in.

I guess majority of mma fans now are just manlets from Ireland and USA living vicariously through Conor.

Lol what ?

Its an interesting statistic in regards to popularity

We're not all just bleed cavemen, some of us are capable of having a tiny amount of interest in a statistic like this.... jeez
Quit being so sensitive.

I was down there for the fights too and the arena was at like 70% capacity maybe. The balcony was bare except for the ones on the near sides of the cage. Either way it was an awesome card in terms of entertainment and there was enough energy in there to get pumped up during the fights. Timing was weird though I mean I was out of there at 7PM.

They didn't even show the main card live in the west. Watched the prelims live and then they chose to rebroadcast a damn tape delay of the main card several hours later.

I wonder if all the other events recently has caused so viewer burnout

Back