Whoelse is excited with the possibility of seeing Vitor going 3 rounds in a fight?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In b4, Can we keep the trt and ped accusations out and talk about mma? So here we go...

One of the best ko artists in the history of mma. In his return to the ufc only Silva, Bones, Weidman and Jacare didn´t get ktfo and managed to beat him... 4 of the biggest killers in the game, so there´s nothing to be ashamed of.

Mousasi´s style makes this fight very interesting, he´s a very well rounded fighter, with good defense, good boxing, good ground game, and very experienced as well.

We all know it´s not Vitor´s fault that guys won´t last more a round with him, but I believe this fight will be his chance to prove he´s not a 1st round fighter only. I believe this is gonna be a nice opportunity for both fighters to showcase their skills. Do you guys think this can go 3 rounds? Do you think Mousasi is gonna try to take it to the ground? And what do they have to do to win, what are your thoughts?

I am glad its a 3 round fight, and I am hoping vitor wins by KO/TKO by the 2nd round.

Ya I think this fight is flying way under the radar, really looking forward to it.

I give it a 60/40 chance of not going 3 rounds. I see Mousasi being fairly conservative, but as always technically sound, and mixing in a lot of ground work for a late finish or UD. Like to see Vitor paste him though

Last edited:
Mousasi picks him apart for a late finish or dominant decision, provided he doesn't choke like he is prone to doing sometimes.

Mousasi has the technical advantage, but a well-placed blitz from Vitor can KO anybody.

I want to see Vitor vs Shogun next. that fight needs to happen YESTERDAY

As trainer John Kavanagh might say, Vitor Belfort is just not designed to go past the second round. Other than his latest losses, the majority of his losses were fights that had gone past the second round (Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Allistair Overeem... ).

Still, I believe Belfort knocks Gegard Mousasi out in the first. Even at this stage, Belfort is the superior striker. Harder-hitting. Faster. More experienced vs. top competition (few are more experienced than Belfort, he's been around forever).

I just don't believe Mousasi will close the distance fast enough. I see Belfort clipping him as he attempts to do so. Belfort is motivated for this fight.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. He may lose, especially if Mousasi can secure the takedown. If he loses to Mousasi, it's about time to retire I feel. I'm a big fan by the way. He has nothing left to prove. If there's ever a legit MMA hall of fame, he gets my vote.

As trainer John Kavanagh might say, Vitor Belfort is just not designed to go past the second round. Other than his latest losses, the majority of his losses were fights that had gone past the second round (Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Allistair Overeem... ).

Still, I believe Belfort knocks Gegard Mousasi out in the first. Even at this stage, Belfort is the superior striker. Harder-hitting. Faster. More experienced vs. top competition (few are more experienced than Belfort, he's been around forever).

I just don't believe Mousasi will close the distance fast enough. I see Belfort clipping him as he attempts to do so. Belfort is motivated for this fight.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. He may lose, especially if Mousasi can secure the takedown. If he loses to Mousasi, it's about time to retire I feel. I'm a big fan by the way. He has nothing left to prove. If there's ever a legit MMA hall of fame, he gets my vote.
Very good post. Yeah, one of those Mousasi´s "relaxed" jabs is gonna get countered with a barrage and he´s gonna get tagged.

there's a reason Vitor doesn't make it out of the first round in his finish losses, it's because he's an opening blitz and that's it. Coupled with age, being off steroids and just general softness, he's an easy finish at this point.

anybody picking Vitor in this fight is legitimately delusional. Vitor is done. There's a reason he ducked Mousasi for years, and it's because Mousasi is way better than him, ESPECIALLY now.

Back