DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON is a Finishing Machine

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
  • Won by finish in 5 of his last 7.
  • Undefeated 8-defense World Champion in his natural weight class.
  • 14-2 in the division above his natural weight class, one of those wins being to BW GOAT Cruz, who was far, far bigger than DJ.
Have to admit, as a bigger dude myself (LHW) I've often been biased toward the heavier divisions and my favourite fighter to watch is Jon Jones, but let's be real here, Jon hasn't finished a legit LHW opponent for almost half a decade.

Meanwhile we got this absolute killer World Champion in the Flyweight division who has 5 finishes in his last 7 fights. He's not even close to one dimensional either, with a varied array of stoppage victories by punches, by knees, by armbars and by kimura. You just never know what deadly weapon he's going to deploy next.

It's simply undeniable that this dude is an absolute BOSS of a fighter, and very well respected by every legit fan of the fighting arts.

20150905115026_5D3_8410.JPG

Last edited:
"I have the champ, I'm the belt"- Demetrious Johnson

Sherdog will try and convince you he can't finish fights and that anyone on here can take him cause they are taller and heavier than him.

He-Man is a finishing machine

Mighty Mouse is the true GOAT.

I wish they booked DJ to fight CM Punk at WW. Punk at 171 lbs and DJ adding water weight instead of cutting weight to get up to the 156lb WW min. Either DJ is a Giant Killer or Punk gets a win over a real UFC champion.

baddest smurf in the land. sorry just cant get into 125lb men fighting

Easily my favorite active fighter and current p4p goat. Dude has skills.

He's a good fighter but he's run out of people to beat up and they're feeding him TUF guys now. Hard to get hyped for that kind of fight.

You put a decision machine like Jered Rosholt in there with these little guys and he'll finish all of them within the first round.

DJ doesn't deserve any respect in the same way that a 5'3" little guy with mad b-ball skillz who would never make it into the NBA don't deserve any respect.

Easily my favorite active fighter and current p4p goat. Dude has skills.

Word, not just the skills but entertaining as fuck too.

Dude is so well-rounded you never know just what type of finish is coming.

There was a phase there when I just couldn't get interested in Mighty Mouse fights. But now I've become a big fan of his. Classy guy and a great fighter.

The KO of Benavidez was one of the most impressive and brutal KO's of the last 5 years.

I also personally love the Horiguchi submission. I watch the last minute of that fight all the time.

Why not just say "three-and-a-half years" instead of "almost half a decade"?

He has no holes in his game, it's scary.

Back