Should Conor be stripped of his belt?

MMAd Man

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Please make into a poll...

Conor won the Featherweight belt on December 12, 2015. I think a champion should be allowed and even encouraged to fight outside his weightclass, it is great that he is one of the few who does.

But the UFC should have some kind of rule, that if you don't defend your belt in over a year then you are no longer the champ. Whether that is due to injury or fights in other weight categories.

An interim belt is created if the champ is not going to defend his belt in the 6-12 month range.

I completely agree though with Conor's statement that if he is stripped and Jose becomes champ then the belt would not widely be considered legitimate as he should have to beat Conor to be considered the unified featherweight champ.

But it doesnt sound like Conor is interested in fighting Jose right now. So should he be allowed to keep his belt if he takes a 3rd fight away from his belt? This has never happened before and I think taking a 3rd fight without defending is a bit ridiculous. Interesting to note that Conor never defended his belts in Cage Warriors either.

What say you?

There is a subject that was never been discuss and i was looking foward to...Discuss fellow sherbros and discuss wisely because it maybe the last time we ever discuss this shit.

... the UFC should have some kind of rule, that if you don't defend your belt in over a year then you are no longer the champ. Whether that is due to injury or fights in other weight categories.

Good rule, I'm with you.

If his next fight isnt at FW, 100%

Even McGregor fans acknowledge this

He was trying to make history as 2 division champion.

Took a fight on 11 days notice, 25 lbs heavier. Lost & rematched.

He KO'd the interm title holder in 13 seconds.

What's the harm in allowing the biggest superstar in MMA history to move up to fight Eddie, meanwhile Aldo vs Max?

If we got back on the Conor ride then MMA could break 2-3 million PPV buys. Generate unprecedented figures for fighters

THEY'LL DO FOOKIN NUTTIN.

If he doesn't defend it next, yes.

You all know I'm a huge Conor nuthugger.

If he doesn't defend it next then strip it. Enough is enough.

Remember when Dana said that he would allow Conor to simultaneously hold the FW and LW belts because he would actively defend them both? What a fucking bad joke that was.

He doesn't need the belt. Anyone he fights will be a money fight. Looks cool on the posters though I guess?

He's not holding anything up. Max can fight Jose for a belt. Just not THE belt.

I think most of us agree he should just defend the belt already.

Please make into a poll...

Conor won the Featherweight belt on December 12, 2015. I think a champion should be allowed and even encouraged to fight outside his weightclass, it is great that he is one of the few who does.

But the UFC should have some kind of rule, that if you don't defend your belt in over a year then you are no longer the champ. Whether that is due to injury or fights in other weight categories.

An interim belt is created if the champ is not going to defend his belt in the 6-12 month range.

I completely agree though with Conor's statement that if he is stripped and Jose becomes champ then the belt would not widely be considered legitimate as he should have to beat Conor to be considered the unified featherweight champ.

But it doesnt sound like Conor is interested in fighting Jose right now. So should he be allowed to keep his belt if he takes a 3rd fight away from his belt? This has never happened before and I think taking a 3rd fight without defending is a bit ridiculous. Interesting to note that Conor never defended his belts in Cage Warriors either.

What say you?

Defend or vacate.

Aldo's next fight without Conor will generate the same mediocre numbers as always.

In the era of Bisping vs Hendo & JBJ vs Rumble... what title "prestige" are you people fighting for?

We're trying to get the best athletes on the planet paid!

We need to grow.

They shouldn't have made that Aldo Edgar fight a title fight , Max Holloway deserves the shot more than those guys

He shouldn't give a piss about the belt and move on. Seems a bit insecure and childish. He is not going back to 145, but man he is really attached to that belt.

Aldo's next fight without Conor will generate the same mediocre numbers as always.

In the era of Bisping vs Hendo & JBJ vs Rumble... what title "prestige" are you people fighting for?

We're trying to get the best athletes on the planet paid!

We need to grow.

LOL @ best athletes on the planet...no, just...no

There is a subject that was never been discuss and i was looking foward to...Discuss fellow sherbros and discuss wisely because it maybe the last time we ever discuss this shit.
Could very well be the last Conor thread we ever see as well

Back