Why won't the UFC just pay GSP? This is beyond frustrating.

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a die hard GSP fan, his treatment by the UFC is incredibly stupid. How can they not give GSP Conor or Brock level money considering he's at least on the same level as them from a profitability stand point? His PPV numbers would break records and generate extreme levels of excitement amongst the fan base.

I'm actually committed to abandoning UFC forever if they don't get a deal done with GSP. There's many other sports to watch and I refuse to support a company that won't give one of their greatest starts of all time what he wants.

What a joke!!!

HHUECoM.jpg

Because they're cheap, why do you think.

Also why do you think the UFC cuts half of the Air Canada Centre Stadium and jacks the prices to 350 a seat?

Because they're cheap.

Dana's got a grudge against Georges for some reason. Any chance he's had he's taken up sides opposite Georges IMMEDIATELY (Greasegate, him "stepping away" after the Hendricks fight, and GSP's statements regarding the UFC's weak drug testing policies prior to USADA).

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

Greedypotomus White is part of the prob

Buncha scrooges

All the fighters rushing for that Conor money has got them freaked.

Maybe they don't see the value in it? Perhaps they don't think he is worth all the money (whatever it is) he's asking for? Who knows. Rest assured, if he can make the company money; he'll get his money. Standard.

As a die hard GSP fan, his treatment by the UFC is incredibly stupid. How can they not give GSP Conor or Brock level money considering he's at least on the same level as them from a profitability stand point? His PPV numbers would break records and generate extreme levels of excitement amongst the fan base.

I'm actually committed to abandoning UFC forever if they don't get a deal done with GSP. There's many other sports to watch and I refuse to support a company that won't give one of their greatest starts of all time what he wants.

What a joke!!!
Tom-Hanks-Saying-Really.gif

GSP isn't on the same level as McGregor but he's definitely worth a big payout.

GSP flaked out and ran from the sport when a rematch vs Hendricks would've been one of the most anticipated fights eva. I'm not surprised Dana doesn't want to deal with GSP's bullshit anymore

Muffacka prob wants 15 million 1 fight deal.

Id give him 2 mil.

Because they don't want to interfere with GSP making awesome movies:

Doesn't he have an exclusive underarmour deal?

Can't imagine they'd allow him to rock reebok shit while he is fighting.

With all due respect a gsp vs Woodley has a huge probability to be one of the most boring title fights ever. One guy has been in many and when Woodley isn't on hes had some stinkers.

You know what you're getting with a gsp fight. Jabs takedowns secure control and posture while slipping in the occasional elbow. Hes Pretty hard to watch it's John ruiz boxing years ago. Engage you asshole!
Watching q guy looking to cruise safely to a ud in mma is not my thing.
I love ground fighting but not gsps.
All imo

Lol at "pay him what he wants". Really? Whatever he wants, no matter how ridiculous, just say yes. That's how you build a successful business. No counter offer, no negotiation, just bend over right away.

He is alreayd signed, they would never go to Toronto with a PPV if GSP isn`t signed, make no mistake about that.

I'm sure he'll get paid a high amount. He's GSP for Christ sakes! But they gotta go through a back and forth negotiation. Can't just let GSP demand whatever he wants.

Back