Conor Running Breakdown

Nate Dogg

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So Conor's getting a lot of flack for running against Nate and I felt it was time to set the record and breakdown the instances when Conor ran/reset since I thought "maybe my memory's a bit biased" (which it was).

I watched the fight over and wrote down the instances it happened, how long it took, what happened immediately before/after it. I only noted instances when Conor turned away in an obvious manner to create distance. I didn't note times when Conor was backing up because that's normal in a fight (Nate was backing up a lot too).

Time stamps included. If anybody wants to add on, feel free.

R1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:30--0:27---Nate was starting to pressure heavily and coming forward

R2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:38--1:33---Conor lands a leg kick just as Nate lands a counter straight--Conor backing up away in one direction, Nate cuts off the ring, Conor runs the other way.
-Nate follows and punches him at 1:33
-Important to note, this is JUST before Nate pinned Conor against the fence with that flurry

1:18--1:14---Nate pressuring heavily. Lands a short combo, Conor ducks before more damage.

R3
4:22--4:18---Nate was coming forward steadily, landed a short combo. Shelled up as he was waiting for Conor to hit, but Conor ducked and ran out.
-Nate is smiling and pointing, immediately lands a 1-2 against the fence.

3:03--3:01---Nate misses a couple of punches, Conor runs out. Nate followed and threw a front kick.

1:47--1:42---They had been against the fence for some time with Nate pressing against him. They disengaged and Conor ran. Nate pointed and landed a punch at 1:40

1:40--1:38---Nate's punch mentioned above rocked Conor backwards and he ran to avoid more damage.

1:30--1:27---Nate pressuring Conor against the fence. Conor lands a short kick (but little power since no space), Conor gets away from fence.

R4
0:09--0:07---Nate misses a jab, Conor weaves out. Nate follows, throws some punches and a kick that Conor blocks as Nate falls.
-Both sides incredibly tired this round, Nate pressuring less, tried a takedown, and most of the round was against the cage.

R5
4:44--4:40---Conor landed some punches. Nate feints and Conor ducks under and continues on to reset on other side.

3:48--3:44---They had been up against the fence for some time. Disengaged and Conor threw some punches. Nate missed on a jab and Conor circled out and walks with hands on hips and looks up at the clock.

3:33--3:30---Conor slips a punch as Nate pressing towards the fence.

2:47--2:41---Nate has Conor against the fence. Tries to double leg him. Conor gets out and walks away with hands on hip. Nate is slow too while pointing at him.

In sum, R3 and R5 were the worst in terms of running. Not surprisingly those are the rounds Conor convincingly lost.

Last edited:
I think what looked worse was the fact when he would look up to see the clock, he did that several times.

Still a good fight

I think what looked worse was the fact when he would look up to see the clock, he did that several times.

Same here. The desperation in his eyes was the opposite of badass.

Still respect that he forgot about his pride in there and just did what was required to get the W.

Conor is getting flak from Diaz's friends and relatives, and nuthuggers; and Conor haters.
Everyone else, e.g. unbiased fans; MMA fighters; etc. say Conor moved out of range to reset.

I-just-want-it-to-stop-GIF.gif

So Conor's getting a lot of flack for running against Nate and I felt it was time to set the record and breakdown the instances when Conor ran/reset since I thought "maybe my memory's a bit biased" (which it was).

I watched the fight over and wrote down the instances it happened, how long it took, what happened immediately before/after it. I only noted instances when Conor turned away in an obvious manner to create distance. I didn't note times when Conor was backing up because that's normal in a fight (Nate was backing up a lot too).

Time stamps included. If anybody wants to add on, feel free.

R1
0:30--0:27---Nate was starting to pressure heavily and coming forward

R2
1:38--1:33---Conor lands a leg kick just as Nate lands a counter straight--Conor backing up away in one direction, Nate cuts off the ring, Conor runs the other way.
-Nate follows and punches him at 1:33
-Important to note, this is JUST before Nate pinned Conor against the fence with that flurry

1:18--1:14---Nate pressuring heavily. Lands a short combo, Conor ducks before more damage.

R3
4:22--4:18---Nate was coming forward steadily, landed a short combo. Shelled up as he was waiting for Conor to hit, but Conor ducked and ran out.
-Nate is smiling and pointing, immediately lands a 1-2 against the fence.

3:03--3:01---Nate misses a couple of punches, Conor runs out. Nate followed and threw a front kick.

1:47--1:42---They had been against the fence for some time with Nate pressing against him. They disengaged and Conor ran. Nate pointed and landed a punch at 1:40

1:40--1:38---Nate's punch mentioned above rocked Conor backwards and he ran to avoid more damage.

1:30--1:27---Nate pressuring Conor against the fence. Conor lands a short kick (but little power since no space), Conor gets away from fence.

R4
0:09--0:07---Nate misses a jab, Conor weaves out. Nate follows, throws some punches and a kick that Conor blocks as Nate falls.
-Both sides incredibly tired this round, Nate pressuring less, tried a takedown, and most of the round was against the cage.

R5
4:44--4:40---Conor landed some punches. Nate feints and Conor ducks under and continues on to reset on other side.

3:48--3:44---They had been up against the fence for some time. Disengaged and Conor threw some punches. Nate missed on a jab and Conor circled out and walks with hands on hips and looks up at the clock.

3:33--3:30---Conor slips a punch as Nate pressing towards the fence.

2:47--2:41---Nate has Conor against the fence. Tries to double leg him. Conor gets out and walks away with hands on hip. Nate is slow too while pointing at him.

In sum, R3 and R5 were the worst in terms of running. Not surprisingly those are the rounds Conor convincingly lost.

Thankyou for your contribution to humanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back