Is the term "Manlet" fighter bashing?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does it fall under it?
How different is racial bashing versus height bashing in this context (srsly stay with me), since they both somewhat relate to physical features that are uncontrollable.

Can I call Demetrious a manlet, but not call him the N word? If so, why?

What's the major difference besides the fact that one is allowed and the other isnt?
Nothing serious about this topic, just always been curious about this.

I understood calling someone fat or scrawny, since its something you can generally change with eating or exercise habits. I also get most people joke about it, can I joke about demetrious' race?

inb4manletdetected

The Sherdog mods are the best moderators at any forum on the internet. I love the job they do and trust their judgement 100%.

No

Neither should be calling wmma fighters part time entertainers
Or the word can

This is a DJ hate thread poorly disguised. Go call him n bombs on YouTube like the other shertards

No

Neither should be calling wmma fighters part time entertainers
Or the word can

I think making sexist comments about a female fighter gets you a double, I think i got one for Holly Holm way back when I equated her fighting noises grunts to sex sounds.

This is a DJ hate thread poorly disguised. Go call him n bombs on YouTube like the other shertards

Not really, if anything I'm a huge fan for DJ. Which is why I'm curious why calling DJ the N word illicits a reaction but insulting him on his height (another uncontrollable factor) does not. Whats the major difference?

Its different to describe someone, like saying he's black, but these terms are obviously not designed for description

I think making sexist comments about a female fighter gets you a double, I think i got one for Holly Holm way back when I equated her fighting noises grunts to sex sounds.
I agree with that

Saying I would do x y z to a fighter should = dubs

But stating the truth in the former champion
Fought awful competition and then get ktfo when she fought her 2nd full time fighter

That's a fact that some wmma kiss ass mods don't like

August 13, 2016: The Day Sherdog Declared The War on Manlets

Technically a lot of things here fall under fighter bashing but are not enforced.

In the forum rules it explicitly states calling a fighter a "can" or saying they "suck" is considered fighter bashing yet it is done all the time here.

People call fighters like Bethe cans, people make fun of Ronda for being fat, people make roid accusations against fighters that have not popped.

Generally the mods here are pretty good about being lenient when they can and strict when necessary. Most of the problem posters get the ban hammer eventually.

NO. Tiny dudes aren't men.

That's why there's WMMA.

For the ladies and the lady boys.

For instance, Fallon Fox, and any other man under 170 is a manlet/ladyboy.

Problem solved. No biggie.

Now let's talk about those stupid beards some fighters have.

For instance, Fallon Fox, and any other man under 170 is a manlet/ladyboy.

Problem solved. No biggie.

Now let's talk about those stupid beards some fighters have.

beards are controllable for the most part. DJ could shave his if he wanted.

Back