Diego Sanchez's Record Since 2010 is 5-6

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and in reality it should be 3-8 because he got gifted decisions over ross pearson and kampmann., so is the ufc gonna pay for all of the brain damage he is obviously getting?

Love him or hate him, he's always in tough fights and his fights are always a lock to be a war/fight of the night. Sometimes it's not about the record, it's about the fights that make up that record.

Though, I do believe he must be close to hanging them up or being forced too, I'd never seen him stopped like against Lauzon, even the Penn fight was a doctor stoppage.

and in reality it should be 3-8 because he got gifted decisions over ross pearson and kampmann., so is the ufc gonna pay for all of the brain damage he is obviously getting?
I think we all know that they will dodge every medical bill and cost they can until told different by courts.

Guy needs to hang them up. Spinning his wheels at this point

He didn't beat Gomi either.

Diego Sanchez is one guy whose career did not surprise me. His strength is his relentless grappling, but he never had the wrestling or strength to consistently put the fights on the ground. Watch one of his early UFC fights with John Alessio; Diego struggles mightily with a decent, not great fighter. He's never been able to up his striking or his wrestling, thus his career has been met with mediocrity.

Hope he gets the next title shot against the welterweight champion

To be fair, it’s going to be tough to say if his issues came before or after joining he UFC. He wasn’t right from the beginning.

He outgrappled Nick Diaz and then knocked out Joe Riggs and figured he was a great striker which basically ruined his chin and by extension his career.

He was a terrific grappler with heavy g'n'p that turned into a sloppy brawler. Should have spent more time into specializing into a grappling nightmare instead of regressing there and become a jack of all trades that has no game plans except rock em' sock em'.

He is living proof that judges are only paying attention at a cursory level.

Gifted the Gomi decision as well :D

He outgrappled Nick Diaz and then knocked out Joe Riggs and figured he was a great striker which basically ruined his chin and by extension his career.

He was a terrific grappler with heavy g'n'p that turned into a sloppy brawler. Should have spent more time into specializing into a grappling nightmare instead of regressing there and become a jack of all trades that has no game plans except rock em' sock em'.

I don't think he ever fell in love with his striking; it's just that his wrestling has never been good enough to put the fight where he wants it. Yeah, he should have been working hard to create ways to get the fight to the floor in training, but he probably did and it never carried over to the cage.

He did beat Jim Miller. Didn't see that coming at all. Should be an interesting fight with Held tbh. Diego doesn't get submitted much...or ever?

I need to figure out a way to double like this post, EXACTLY what I think

Bj Penn took his soul and Hathaway buried his confidence

Back