Why are so many Sherdoggers suddenly questioning Jones vs Gus now that his legacy is in question?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously, ever since the drug test failure, I've seen several different comments talking about how Jones won a "lucky decision" against Gus?

I've watched the fight twice, and both times I saw it as a clear 48-47 Jones and I could see giving Jones a 49-46 even. Seriously, if you think Gus "won" go back and explain to me how? Because I'm not even a Jones fan and I'm getting really sick of people calling this anything but a fair decision

It was not as close as:
Lawler Vs Condit
Lawler Vs Hendricks I and II
Cruz Vs Dillashaw
Bendo Vs Edgar II
Edgar Vs Penn I

Don't call this fight a robbery or even a questionable decision, it wasn't that fucking close...

At the time, a lot of people were saying Gus won the fight.

This image really made the rounds at the time, and, IMO, is one of the great all-time MMA photos:

dmgsb2n.jpg

And yeah, I know one punch does not make a fight, usually.

You must not have been here for a month AFTER Bones vs Gus went down.

This place was pure pandemonium with "greatest robbery of all time" threads.

Welcome to sherdog. Perhaps you should have read a few threads before posting your shit thread.

Many thought Jones lost. Quit trolling or grow the fuck up, and get educated.

Any time someone has a good showing against someone polarizing like Jones, you're gonna have half of Sherdog crying that they won. Hell, about 20% tried to claim DC beat him. Just recognize that decades from now, when people talk about Jones and his legacy, nobody will be mentioning the opinions of Sherdog posters on this fight. This place is simply a pastime for the members. There is nothing more to posting here than that. No one is going to change the world, or anyone that matters' opinions posting on Sherdog.

what are you talking about TS? I could definitely see Jones winning 48-47, but how can you say it wasn't a close fight.. clearly biased. Look at it purely objectively

Gus won against a arguably roided jones. period

scorecards sucks!

181513364.jpg

tip: the blood on Gus isn't his blood.

Eh. I watched the fight live and gave it to jones. I rewatched it again when he was matched with rumble and thought gus took every round but 5. I'm not much of a fan of either of them tbh but it was a close fight and it's easy to see it how you want. Weak people will just follow whatever narrative is popular.

Gus did great in that fight but faded in the last round or 2 where Jones was still in there and that's after watching it a second time much like the Diaz vs McGregor rematch the judges had to give it to both guys but just barely.

what are you talking about TS? I could definitely see Jones winning 48-47, but how can you say it wasn't a close fight.. clearly biased. Look at it purely objectively

I am, how can you score it for Gus? That's what I want to know, for every person claiming he won... how?

I agree it was competitive, but clear 48-47... I am looking at it objectively, it wasn't as debatable as the fights I listed that aren't as criticized

Seriously, ever since the drug test failure, I've seen several different comments talking about how Jones won a "lucky decision" against Gus?

I've watched the fight twice, and both times I saw it as a clear 48-47 Jones and I could see giving Jones a 49-46 even. Seriously, if you think Gus "won" go back and explain to me how? Because I'm not even a Jones fan and I'm getting really sick of people calling this anything but a fair decision

It was not as close as:
Lawler Vs Condit
Lawler Vs Hendricks I and II
Cruz Vs Dillashaw
Bendo Vs Edgar II
Edgar Vs Penn I

Don't call this fight a robbery or even a questionable decision, it wasn't that fucking close...

Because you are blind perhaps. It was a fairly clear cut 49-46 for Gus. that fight wasn't really close. Jones had 1 moment the entire fight.

Eh. I watched the fight live and gave it to jones. I rewatched it again when he was matched with rumble and thought gus took every round but 5. It was a close fight and weak people will just follow whatever narrative is popular.

How the fuck did you give Gus all of the first 4 rounds?

TS’s noobness is showing. There’s nothing “sudden” about this discussion. It’s been going on since the second round of the fight. And it’ll go on as long as Sherdog exists.

Very close fight. Who cares if other people view the fight differently than you? Take a breath.

Round 1
Jones 28 of 39 72%
Gustafsson 19 of 48 40%
Round 2
Jones 26 of 42 62%
Gustafsson 15 of 51
Round 3
Jones 29 of 42 62%
Gustafsson 26 of 64 41%
Round 4
Jones 27 of 49 55%
Gustafsson 26 of 60 43%