is rumbles gas tank a question mark?

Drasp

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
is rumbles gas tank an issue ? all these early stopages are not really testing it...

if the fight went into deeper waters would he struggle or rise ?

is rumbles gas tank an issue ? all these early stopages are not really testing it...

if the fight went into deeper waters would he struggle or rise ?
giphy.gif
dont really need much of a gas tank when you can ko 99% of fighters before you gas mane

It's not a question mark, it's known that he doesn't have a great gas tank. It's gotten better since he stopped killing himself to make WW, but he's noticeably slower 2nd round on. His gas tank isn't the worst out there though.

it was great against Phil Davis.

I think he just has that Conor McGregor syndrome where he puts all the energy and power into his knock out shots and runs out of steam by the 2nd or 3rd round if he doesn't lay out his opponent.

He was much more methodical and well-paced against Davis hence the 15 minute stamina display.

Johnson2.gif

This is what Johnson thinks of your gas tank issue claim

I don't think his cardio is that bad. Looked fine in the Phil Davis fight, but I agree that he's probably often just blowing his steam because he pours so much energy into his striking.

That level of explosive fast twitch muscle fibre will create a lot of lactic acid, "is normal".

Yeah. For a fighter who tries to kill his opponents with one shot (which requires a lot of energy), it is quite normal that he would gas out in the latter rounds.

I think he didn't put in too much energy in his shots during the Phil fight, that's why Phil was probably not knocked out (or maybe he has a good chin) and that maybe the reason he didn't gas out in that fight. He looked quite tired getting to the end of the third round though.

Went the distance with Davis and Arlovski.

I think he can't keep up with some pressure from guys like DC over a long period of time.

I think his cardio is okay. It's just that DC was able to push the pace and wore him out. A guy like DC can empty your tank. But depending on who he fights AJ's cardio isn't bad.

Glover stoppage was clearly early. Dude wasn't dead yet...

Back