Joe Silva probably got sacked

lyndon955

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After making Diego Sanchez vs Marcin Held

I mean really why would you make this fight? Fighters like Sanchez who have been around for donkeys years need to be matched with fighters around their current level, not prospects like Held (I'm aware he has over 25 fights but he is only 24 years old)

Its like when he made BJ Penn vs Siver, great fight between 2 late 30s veterans, now BJ is fighting Lamas (why...why?!)

Glad to see him go tbh I think about 70% of Sherdoggers could do a better job

If they were firing him, why would they leave him in the position until the end of the year? Makes me think he decided to leave. They may have pressured him to leave but I doubt they fired him.

giphy.gif

UFC's new "No Manlet" policy.

Joe Silva is the first casualty.

The new owners only want to see the biggest money fights.

Conor vs Brock
Conor vs CM Punk
Conor vs Kimbo, (they will bring him back from the dead)
Conor vs Jon Jones
Conor vs Hong Man Choi
Conor vs Nate 3, 4 and 5

Joe Silva would have none of it labeling it as a freak show and unprofessional. Saying they are getting rid of the sporting aspect. So they fired him.

image.jpeg The fuckers weird. Most likely got fired for doing gay shit

Using an aging veteran to build up a prospect is a time-honored tradition in combat sports.

After making Diego Sanchez vs Marcin Held

I mean really why would you make this fight? Fighters like Sanchez who have been around for donkeys years need to be matched with fighters around their current level, not prospects like Held (I'm aware he has over 25 fights but he is only 24 years old)

Its like when he made BJ Penn vs Siver, great fight between 2 late 30s veterans, now BJ is fighting Lamas (why...why?!)

Glad to see him go tbh I think about 70% of Sherdoggers could do a better job

Giving a young guy the chance to add a name to his resume

I think the new ownership wanted to bring in their own matchmaker

Back