Everyone says 170 is BEST for Cowboy until he loses

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone acts like this has to be his new home all because he beat two guys that aren't even top 10

Just wait. The minute that Cowboy gets overwhelmed in a fight at 170, those same people are going (Especially Joe Rogan) are going to say that "He needs to go back down to 155."

What is with this crap that he is better at 170 all because of two fights? Sure he looks great so far, but just how does that diminish the years of success he had at 155 where he was 9-1 in his last 10 fights or something like that?

He isn't going to run through the elites at 170. It would be great if he did, but there are a few monsters in this division. He is lucky that Rory is gone though.

When that happens, people are going to look back and laugh at this "Cowboy is so much better at 170" stuff.

Some of you forget that he beat the shit out of the current champ at 155.

fairly true, but Story is a great win, especially the way he did it.

Yes I agree, although he has looked good. And not cutting as much weight may help him to perform better. But I don't see him beating the elite at WW. I think he has a better chance at lightweight. He holds wins over former and the current LW champion. remember even at light weight he was on a 8 fight win streak till he ran into RDA. If RDA did that too him, imagine what Hobbie LOOOOLER will do

<9>

I mean, Story is top 10 and Cote was supposed to KO him. He's looked damn good to me.

I'm interested if cowboy just forgets 155 and really builds into his frame for 170. He could add more muscle without sacrificing much. But even still, him vs the top 5 is gonna be rough.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying he sucks at LW except trolls and selective memory MMA casuals who only remember the fights against RDA or Pettis BUT forget that he's 9-1 in his last 10 at LW with wins over Alvarez, Barboza, Bendo, etc.

That being said as fighters age, they tend to gain more mass and the weight cuts become MUCH harder ala Rumble, Reem, etc.

He's doing excellent at 170lbs against pretty legit competition. Let's just see how it plays out before speculating on anything else.

Personally IF he does go back down to 155lbs, I would hope it's against:

- Alvarez in a rematch

- Conor for the #1 Contender

- or a N8 rematch

I'd consider Story to be borderline top 10, let us not act like he doesn't look MUCH better at this weight. He's starched 2 really solid guys yet at LW he couldn't finish guys like Myles Jury.

it's not just that he is winning fights but how he is winning his fights. I agree there's a lot of dumb shit wrt cerrone. people are too quick to discredit or hype him. I always thought he was great and I think he is even better at WW, yes.

Everyone acts like this has to be his new home all because he beat two guys that aren't even top 10

Just wait. The minute that Cowboy gets overwhelmed in a fight at 170, those same people are going (Especially Joe Rogan) are going to say that "He needs to go back down to 155."

What is with this crap that he is better at 170 all because of two fights? Sure he looks great so far, but just how does that diminish the years of success he had at 155 where he was 9-1 in his last 10 fights or something like that?

He isn't going to run through the elites at 170. It would be great if he did, but there are a few monsters in this division. He is lucky that Rory is gone though.

When that happens, people are going to look back and laugh at this "Cowboy is so much better at 170" stuff.

Some of you forget that he beat the shit out of the current champ at 155.
Listen you gotta keep it simple. I ain't gonna read a whole story you wrote about how much you hate Cerrone.

All I know is the fight against Rick Story was fantastic. He finished him greatly.

Idiotic statement. If you've actually watched his last three fights you'd know how fantastic he's looked.

I think he's easily a top 5 LW,but not at WW.
At WW he's a solid top 10.

Regardless of wins/losses, 170 is the best for his health.

He says he feels better at 170. Not that you'd expect him to say anything else.

How can you not be impressed with the way he finished Cote and Story?

His striking accuracy looked amazing in both those fights.

His finish of Rick Story looked like it came from an action movie script and he manhandled Cote.
I really hope the UFC gives him a top 10 WW next (Please be Condit or Lawler) so we can see for ourselves how he handles it instead of making wild guesses and bitching at one another online.

He looks better at WW than he did at LW. That's not saying he sucked at LW, because he earned a title shot at LW and holds a win over the current LW champ. He just looks even better at WW, so why not have him continue at WW? Story was a bad style match up on paper but he proved the doubters wrong.

Nobody is saying he sucks at LW except trolls and selective memory MMA casuals who only remember the fights against RDA or Pettis BUT forget that he's 9-1 in his last 10 at LW with wins over Alvarez, Barboza, Bendo, etc.

That being said as fighters age, they tend to gain more mass and the weight cuts become MUCH harder ala Rumble, Reem, etc.

He's doing excellent at 170lbs against pretty legit competition. Let's just see how it plays out before speculating on anything else.

Personally IF he does go back down to 155lbs, I would hope it's against:

- Alvarez in a rematch

- Conor for the #1 Contender

- or a N8 rematch

Valid points, but people will say he is doing excellent UP UNTIL THE TIME HE LOSES.

IF he went 9-1, how does winning two fights convincingly mean that he is so much better at 170? He won all those other fights very impressively as well other than his fight against Benson which really he lost.

I like seeing him at 170 myself, but this shit being spewed everywhere that it is such a better weight class for him simply is that. Shit. It is shit. He will eventually lose, and people are going to sound real stupid for promoting this.

He is obviously comfortable at both weight classes, and can compete at a high level. Lets stop with this He is better at 170 all because of two fights when he has years of greatness at 155.

He looks better at WW than he did at LW. That's not saying he sucked at LW, because he earned a title shot at LW and holds a win over the current LW champ. He just looks even better at WW, so why not have him continue at WW? Story was a bad style match up on paper but he proved the doubters wrong.

No, you have nothing to suggest that is true other than two fights.

If that is the criteria, than you are proven wrong based on the years worth of history of fights at 155, because that is a lot more evidence and that is where he has beaten elite fighters including the current champ there.

Your analysis is full tard.

His finish of Rick Story looked like it came from an action movie script and he manhandled Cote.
I really hope the UFC gives him a top 10 WW next (Please be Condit or Lawler) so we can see for ourselves how he handles it instead of making wild guesses and bitching at one another online.

Go out and purchase Fight Pass rookie.

You'll learn that he beat a ton of dudes like that at 170. He even had a guy flat out quit in the fight that he was beating him so badly.

You watch two UFC fights and make this stupid declaration that his entire career means nothing other than the last two fights.

Man, you newbs have a lot to learn.

Back