Lawler vs Cerrone, who wins?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
All signs point this fight next, who wins this one? If Cerrone runs through Lawler like he has been...wow.

Fucking fantastic fight.

I love Cerrone, and he's looked great at WW, but Robert takes his soul...

It'd have to be a five round main event, just to make it that much more fun. I honestly don't know who wins, especially after Lawler got KOd by Tyron and Cerrone looks like a new man at WW.

If i had to bet i'd say Lawler... but this would be a very very interesting fight. Especially at this moment in time.

Depends if Lawler is juiced up, but I'd say Cerrone by being more technical

Honestly, I think Cerrone would take it. Lawler tends to start the fight conservatively and doesn't pressure right away. When Cerrone is able to establish the pace and range of the fight, he looks damn near invincible. I don't think he's ever lost that type of fight. Cerrone struggles with fighters who pressure him and take away his range. He's developed that nasty knee to the body to discourage fighters from pressuring him. Even Rick Story who is a notoriously high pressure fighter was forced to back off after eating a couple of those and we all saw what followed.

I can tell you this

If Cerrone loses = He's a choker who can never win big fights
If he wins = Lawler is a shell of his former self, it wasn't a big fight, POST USADA Lawler, etc...

The Just Bleed God and his faithful disciples!

I would normally pick Robbie,but ww Cerrone is pure evil...

Last edited:
damn sherdog's impression of cerrone has changed. I remember a couple of months ago I said cerrone could get a title shot at WW by 2017 and posters thought I was exaggerating. now he may indeed face Lawler next so one victory away from a title shot, and people give him the edge here. I agree with cerrone on his best day beating Lawler. His WW run has been spetacular so far.

I'd like Robbie to win,..get back on the horse so to speak ...

I think they're tailor made to beat each other, it's weird.
If Lawler doesn't go back to his jab, he might get eating by body shots
If Cerrone can't survive a Lawler blitz he might be stopped
Awesome fight if it happens

Most fighters Cerrone beats are afraid to exchange with him on the feet. Robbie wrecks him the way RDA did.

If Cowboy can dictate the distance fight and Robbie doesn't fight like a bat out of hell early then Cowboy takes it.

What's crazier? Saying Cowboy has a legit shot at beating the former WW champ in his first fight after losing the belt or the fact that Rumble is about to be LHW champ?

Back